Marketing and Communications Communications & Project Mgmt Specialist
Responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive internal and external communications strategies that keep key audiences informed of the school’s mission, vision, priorities and initiatives. The Specialist will draw upon a wide range of communications disciplines, including media relations, crisis communications, marketing communications, internal communications, online communications, community relations and special events. The Specialist will coordinate closely with key leaders in the Denver Public Schools Communications Office to ensure consistency in messaging and tactics. This role will also align all documents, processes and communications related to the development, monitoring and implementation of the Unified Improvement Plan, serving in project management of all identified efforts.
- Work with school leadership team and DPS regional marketing manager to identify clear objectives and benchmarks that support enrollment, retention and positive school culture
- Develop and implement strategic marketing and communications plans that inform and engage current students, families, faculty and staff, prospective families, and community partners (as appropriate)
- Establish sustainable communications standards and practices that span across all school programs, taking into account the school’s diverse groups, in order to keep current students, families and faculty and staff informed of activities, events, initiatives and key decisions affecting the school community
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders at boundary feeder elementary and middle schools to encourage neighborhood families to promote the school as a strong neighborhood school option in which to enroll their children
- Develop and implement retention efforts designed to reinforce students’ connection to the school, forge strong student-parent-school bonds and ensure consistency in enrollment for the following year
- Provide content management and frequent updates to the website and social media platforms
- Consistently develop and distribute content promoting student achievement and positive school news and activities via neighborhood publications, newsletters, flyers, online forums, district publications, social media, etc.
- Support and guide the planning, monitoring and implementation of the Unified Improvement Plan strategies and actions, serving in a project management role for these significant priorities.
- Engages a positive and engaging climate in regard to communications and project management efforts
- Other responsibilities as identified by the principal
How to ApplySend resume to Principal John Youngquist at firstname.lastname@example.org and apply at careers.dpsk12.org
1258 total views, 1 today