Operations / Administration Community Engagement Manager
We are an edtech (Education Technology) startup on a mission to increase student achievement through better family/community engagement among low-income and ELL families. Our app and web-platform connect schools with families by sidestepping typical barriers like passwords, contact info, logins, and language translation. In short, Flyer Connect provides an accessible and equitable solution to reach families how they want to be reached. Our vision is for all families, regardless of social or economic barriers, to be empowered, involved and connected with their schools, educators and social resources.
The Community Engagement Manager will be tasked with making raving fans of our (growing!) schools that use Flyer Connect. This includes training admins and teachers on how to best use Flyer Connect, creating engaging emails, videos, and articles to share with current and prospective clients, and being involved in every aspect of the customer lifecycle.
A bit about you:
Mission-oriented. You are on fire about Flyer Connect’s mission. Perhaps you’re a former educator, school administrator, or maybe you’re just excited about helping low-income learners improve their academic outcomes.
An empathetic influencer. You always listen first and take the time to understand where a client is coming from before offering a solution. That said, this role will entail convincing school administrators and teachers to change their behaviors and adopt the Flyer Connect platform as their primary form of communication so you’ll need to be good at influencing others in a genuine way.
People-person. You love meeting new people and can quickly build rapport with clients. You’re comfortable presenting to high-level school decision makers like principals and superintendents and when it comes to commanding a room full of teachers you have no problem owning it.
Quick on your feet. Each school is unique in the needs they have for their community so you’ll be able to quickly propose solutions and workarounds to make sure that schools are successful in using the platform.
Self-directed. We’re an early stage startup that has a few established processes and systems, but we’re the first to admit that we haven’t figured everything out. That’s why we need someone who isn’t afraid to take initiative and try new things and then tell us the best way to move forward.
Tech-savvy. Not only are you quick on the uptake of new technology, but you can turn around and explain it to someone else with ease.
Content generator. Maybe you have a highly curated Instagram, maybe you journal every day. Regardless, the only thing you love more than sharing that content with the world is improving on the last iteration.
A day in the life of a Flyer Connect employee will look a bit like this:
- You’ll communicate with a driven team of tech entrepreneurs, former educators, and community leaders around the needs of our various school clients and work with the team to provide the best possible client experience.
- You’ll lead a training with a school administrator who is new to the Flyer Connect platform and may be skeptical about adopting a new system.
- You’ll brainstorm and implement new ways to engage the schools using Flyer, from an onboarding campaign to webinars to family engagement gatherings.
- You’ll capture creative and effective uses of Flyer Connect and share these with the broader Flyer Connect community.
- As you learn about what works and what doesn’t you’ll document changes to Flyer Connect’s client success processes.
- You’ll be the first stop for customer questions and help tickets, answering what you can and delegating what you can’t.
- You’ll strategize and implement a clear help desk system that’s easy for our clients to self-support.
- You’ll be our digital media and a blogging guru that creates content that excites current clients and gets the attention of prospective clients, other bloggers, and influencers.
Required skills and experience:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
2+ years of professional work experience in education or community/partnership building
Great written and in-person communicator
Se Habla Español
Some Graphic Design abilities
What you get:
- Compensation based on experience
- Health Insurance and 401k options available.
- PTO in addition to 10 paid holidays (including your birthday!)
- Flexible work from home policy
- An open office environment stocked with coffee, tea, and snacks. Right off the bike path, light-rail station, and free parking.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Flyer Connect is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How to ApplyTo apply, send the following to email@example.com:
- Your resume
- Your LinkedIn
- A concise cover letter in which you tell us about yourself, why you’re excited about Flyer Connect’s mission and how you see yourself contributing.
- Optional: Examples of your work or passion projects