Teacher Contract Renewable English Education Instructor
COMPENSATION RANGE: 42,200.00 – 44,600.00 USD per year
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: Faculty
TARGET HIRE DATE: 8/1/2024
BENEFITS: UNC’s Career Hub
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by 11:59pm (MT) on 12/01/2023
UNC’s Secondary English Education Program is dedicated to the preparation of Secondary English Education teacher candidates. The English Education team, in close cooperation with the School of Teacher Education, develops and coaches teacher candidates in both their English language arts content and their pedagogical skills.
We are looking for an instructor to join our team, teaching undergraduate pedagogy classes grounded in standards (e.g., Colorado academic standards, teacher quality standards, WIDA framework, and social-emotional learning competencies). The instructor will also coach our teacher candidates during their field placements and contribute to the development of our English Education community through advising, committee work, and involvement in various projects.
- Earned Masters degree in English Education (or equivalent)
- Five years experience teaching in accredited secondary ELA classroom
- Experience observing and mentoring pre-service teachers
- Colorado teaching license
- Familiarity with local accreditation (Colorado Academic Standards, TQS, WIDA)
- Experience in universal design
- Professional development in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Education, Advanced Placement/Dual Enrollment, and Restorative Practices/Behavior Management
- Experience in collaborative work with administrators and teachers
- Applicable experience in teaching courses in pedagogy, literature, and composition
- Experience teaching dual enrollment courses
Benefits available include health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, as well as a selection of several defined contribution retirement plans for all full-time positions. Employees at UNC receive sick leave, and other leave options may be available based on position. Full-time employees are eligible to receive tuition waiver benefits, as well as dependents and spouses of UNC Employees who are employed at 0.5 FTE or above are eligible for undergraduate dependent tuition grants of up to 50%. These tuition grants will cover in-state tuition charges. Further requirements may exist. Other benefits may be available based on position.