Instructional Support Curriculum Specialist (Remote)
Minh Việt Academy is an online school designed for Vietnamese students in grades 4-12. When we open in June of 2019 with initial classes in grades 4-9, we will provide a condensed American-style online education for students in Vietnam who feel underserved by the local education system. As the Vietnamese demand for rigorous high quality schooling grows, Minh Việt Academy will provide families and students with an affordable and accessible internationally-recognized education. One goal of ours will be to prepare our students to be accepted for study at American colleges and universities.
Minh Việt Academy is looking to hire curriculum specialists in the areas of humanities, math, science, and TESOL/ESL/EFL to assist in the development of our school-wide curriculum and course content. These tasks will be completed under the supervision of the Director of Academic Affairs and may include, but are not limited to:
- Developing an initial four-year progression of academic skills and content from grades 6-9 that aligns with Common Core standards, with the eventual goal of creating a condensed, online grades 6-12 curriculum.
- Developing an introductory, limited curriculum for grades 4-5 focused around English Language skills and online learning.
- Working with Minh Việt Academy teachers to curate resources and develop online courses appropriate for our target audience.
- Reviewing and revising course content to ensure the courses meet content standards, US accreditation standards, Minh Việt Academy design standards, copyright and/or fair use, etc.
- Updating course content and materials as needed based on concerns shared through student feedback, teacher feedback, staff feedback, and help desk tickets.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Have experience in developing school-wide curriculum maps, formulating essential/guiding questions, backwards design methodology, assessments, etc.
- Have experience teaching or developing courses for an online environment, including familiarity with a LMS such as Canvas and eLearning design software.
- Are familiar with Common Core and state content standards and are able to creatively adapt those standards to a ELL online audience.
- Have extensive experience working with English Language Learners, can anticipate their needs and provide guidance on best practices to inform course design.
- Are comfortable designing data-rich assessments and using that data to inform future curriculum and course iterations.
- Have knowledge of existing curricula, organizations, programs, online learning tools, and other resources that might be adopted or of interest to Minh Việt Academy.
- Are creative thinkers and problem-solvers who are excited to help develop a new model of education for an underserved market.
This is a remote, part-time position, with the majority of the work to be performed from October – December. Candidates must be available for occasionally scheduled phone or video calls in the evenings or on weekends. Salary commensurate with experience.
How to ApplyEmail your resume and a brief cover letter explaining why you would be a good fit for this position to email@example.com. Please include “curriculum specialist” in the subject heading.
610 total views, 2 today