Data Analysis & Visualization Data and Operations Manager
Detroit Children’s Fund (DCF) believes that all children, no matter their circumstances, have the innate talent to learn, grow, and succeed in life. Detroit is undergoing an exciting renaissance, but our city’s turnaround will not be fully realized until all its children have access to an excellent school. For more information, visit www.detroitchildrensfund.org.
The DCF is seeking a Data and Operations Manager who will work to ensure the organization builds its internal systems, processes, and learning agenda. As DCF grows from a “start-up” to high-functioning institution, the Data and Operations Manager will help DCF become a more productive and efficient operation.
The role will work with DCF team members, grant partners, and consultants to streamline DCF operations and processes, create a data collection process that is reliable and supports grant partners, help the DCF team gain insights from the data it collects, and build a learning agenda that ensures DCF is innovating toward success. It will also work closely with key team members to streamline DCF’s grantmaking, budgeting, and other systems.
Success in this role requires a strong operations background with experience in or with schools. Familiarity and facility with school data (financial and academic), as well as typical school systems and processes, is required. Occasionally, through this role, DCF may offer direct coaching and support to schools around data organization and strategy.
This role typically requires a bachelor’s degree and a graduate degree. Exceptions to education attainment can be made for an individual with the right experiences, skills, and mindset. The Data and Operations Manager will gain exposure to grant-making, networking opportunities, and learning opportunities and have an excellent view to build a more sophisticated understanding of Detroit’s education systems.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES AND SKILL-SETS:
- Experience with financial and K-12 education data, ability to design systems to ensure data is accurate, complete, and reliable
- Ability to analyze data and draw conclusions, run statistical analyses, and gain insights
- Demonstrated ability to communicate data to multiple audiences, including educators, non-educators, funders, and other stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to build process and implement them effectively within growing organizations
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships and confidence with people of all backgrounds
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Manage DCF’s research agenda, ensuring that we are learning from our investments – and our
partners – to innovating toward success
- Manage DCF’s data enterprise, including data collection from grant partners and pulling in
learnings from key research
- Examine and streamline DCF’s internal operations, including budgeting, board management,
policies and procedures, and grantmaking
- Manage all DCF’s grant making processes and procedures, including supporting in setting agendas
and producing resources that generate learning-oriented conversations and insights
- Produce digestible data materials for multiple stakeholders, including the general public, DCF
boards and funders, and grant partners
How to ApplyThis role is a full-time salaried position and reports to the Executive Director. The Detroit Children’s Fund offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401k (with a match), life insurance, and disability coverage. If you are interested, please To Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please. The Detroit Children’s Fund is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.