Technology Data Systems Manager / Registrar
Aspen Academy has an amazing position available for a Data Systems Manager / Registrar. If you take a proactive, analytical approach to your work; thrive when you get to solve problems; have a passion to enable others to use technology successfully; and have excellent customer service and organizational skills, we want to meet you.
We live and model the community’s values in thought, word and deed to students, colleagues and parents and the larger community. We are palpably committed to, supportive and co-leaders in the achievement of Aspen Academy’s vision and mission.
- Our values: Be Kind. Do Good. Work Hard. Make the World Better.
- Our mission: We edify and inspire students and educators to grow, learn and lead.
- Our vision: We are a national leader in innovative and transformative education.
Does the following describe you?
- You possess a habit and practice of continual personal and professional growth, and both curiosity and expertise in technology and education.
- You think strategically, anticipate future needs and trends surrounding technology usage in the classroom and incorporate them into a plan for the future.
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- You are a competent, compassionate, creative, dedicated and enthusiastic professional. You are committed to growth and improvement.
- You possess considerable knowledge about budget development and management.
- Your strengths include strong time, organization and project management skills; and you demonstrate of strong social and emotional intelligence, and cultural competency.
If this describes you, we can’t wait to meet you!
At Aspen Academy, we prepare students to enter, succeed in, and graduate from outstanding high schools. We are committed to providing an intentionally diverse student body with an outstanding liberal arts education within the framework of an individualized education; character, leadership and entrepreneurial development; and service learning.
Diversity and inclusion are core to Aspen Academy. We are passionate about building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment. Every member on our team enriches our community by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world. We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and thrive because of it. Aspen Academy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and promotes affirmative action. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and military and veteran status.
If this inspires you, please apply to join our team.
Our Data Systems Manager / Registrar Responsibilities:
Data Systems Management
- Manage and maintain software databases and online learning platforms, including user accounts, census information, statistical surveys and student records. Facilitate secure access to databases and set up backup solutions to prevent data loss in case the system breaks down.
- Takes a leadership role in developing and implementing the School’s technology plan, including oversight and management of all school activities surrounding IT to include (but not limited to): evaluate and purchase hardware, software, courseware for potential use in instructional or administrative areas; policies and procedures –school IT security, and coordinate on-going evaluation and recommends procedures to encourage response to instructional and administrative needs; collaborating with our IT partner regarding Network administration, inventory and establishing guidelines for sharing equipment campus-wide; budget and forecast; and manage and supervise IT vendors and service providers.
- Lead and coordinate all online assessments and data collection including but not limited to ACT, Illuminate, etc.
- Meet and consult with the leadership team on the development, maintenance, and effectiveness of data applications; and develop and maintain effective communication and working relationships with administrative and teaching staff.
- Maintain student registration and records including academic results and class schedules. Process student enrollment, transfers, and withdrawals.
- Develop and implement the School’s educational technology plan and policies.
- Lead and progress student coding language performance to align with strategic goals.
- Provide technical curriculum assistance across the PreK-8th grade levels regarding hardware usage, software applications, computer technology, and the general instructional use of technology in the classroom.
- Coach teachers on activities that contribute to achieve annual STEAM integration goals.
- Establish and maintain systems for educators to access, preview, receive training and use hardware and software applications. Train and on-board new staff on technology and programs.
- Develop a technology resource approach that can be easily accessed by teachers, students and staff. Develops and implements a School-wide technology in-service program to provide ongoing education and develop campus leaders in the technology field.
- Coordinate, train, and establish standards for remote teaching as needed.
- Serve as a point of contact for students that are experiencing trouble with their devices. Also provides proactive training to students to help them self-advocate and properly use the devices they own.
Technology and Innovation Teaching
- Teach technology and STEAM-related essentials classes if needed.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in IT or Education or equivalent experience. Master’s preferred.
- Preferred: 3-5 years’ experience in technology. 3 years of experience in Education, preferably at Middle School or Elementary level. Demonstrated and working knowledge of a variety of educational technologies.
- Demonstrated leadership traits and ability; proven ability to gain respect of peers.
- Grant permission for a criminal background check.
- Meet physical demands to perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work full-time, including some evenings and weekends; work in person/in the school building.
- Regularly required to stand; walk, use hands; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
Aspen Academy offers an excellent compensation package including health care, 403(b) with matching, tuition remission, and more; wide-ranging opportunities for professional development; and a talented and dedicated staff of teaching professionals and supportive administrators.
Salary commensurate with education and experience, starting range: $50,000 – $70,000.