Principal or Vice Principal DENVER EAST HS ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL for ACADEMIC SYSTEMS
DENVER EAST HIGH SCHOOL
Traditional 215 work days
School Year: 2019-2020
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The Assistant Principal supports the Principal with the overall direction and leadership of the school. Leads high-quality, data driven instruction by building the capacity of teachers to lead and perfect their craft. Strategically aligns people, time and money to drive student achievement. Applies teacher and staff performance management systems in a way that ensures a culture of continuous improvement, support, and accountability. Actively advocates for members of the school community and effectively engages family and community.
The DPS School Leadership Framework details the expectations required for all of our school leaders. The framework and the behaviors associated with each indicator are available at www.leadindenver.com.
– Leads for equity toward college and career readiness
– Leads for culture of empowerment, continuous improvement and celebration
– Leads for high-quality, data driven instruction by building the capacity of teachers to lead and perfect their craft.
– Leads for the academic and social-emotional success of diverse student populations. Diversity includes race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, language, mental/physical abilities (students with disabilities, gifted and talented), religion, age, and political beliefs. DPS places particular emphasis on the needs of students of color and students with disabilities in order to close achievement gaps for these groups of students.
– Leads for effective English Language Acquisition programming (ELA Program School Leaders)
– Applies teacher and staff performance management systems in a way that ensures a culture of continuous improvement, support, and accountability.
– Implements strong systems for identifying, recognizing, and distributing talent
– Leads the school’s vision, mission and strategic goals to support college readiness for all students.
– Distributes leadership to inspire change in support of an empowered school culture.
– Strategically aligns people, time and money to drive student achievement.
– Actively advocates for members of the school community and effectively engages family and community. Successful applicants will demonstrate the key leadership traits embedded within our framework:
– Evidence of the DPS Shared Values in interactions in the school, district, and community
– Strategic problem-solving and project management
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to connect and communicate with parents and the community
– Capability to build solid relationships
– Self-reflection and continuous professional growth
– Solid ethical commitment to this work
Knowledge, Experience, & Other Qualifications:
-Must possess a current Colorado Principal license.
-A minimum of five (5) years of instructional/classroom experience as an educator is required.
-Previous leadership experience preferred.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Susana Cordova and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplySend your resume directly to Principal John Youngquist at firstname.lastname@example.org.
291 total views, 2 today