Marketing and Communications Development and Communications Associate
DEVELOPMENT & COMMUNICATIONS ASSOCIATE
CityBridge Education is a Washington, D.C.-based non-profit whose mission is to advance equity and opportunity for children. We operationalize that vision as an early-stage incubator for public education, identifying the people, new ideas and school models that will power the next wave of educational results. Specifically, we will identify and develop a robust cohort of leaders and school designers, deploying particular effort to recruiting leaders of color; we will incubate and invest in the best of their ideas; and together, we will bring to market the next generation of transformational public schooling.
The Development & Communications Associate will provide strategic and logistical support for CityBridge’s fundraising and external communications. CityBridge’s development efforts include identifying new funding sources, cultivating potential partners, maintaining funder relationships through regular communications, and responding promptly to funder requests. CityBridge’s communications strategy includes crafting both marketing and fundraising materials, maintaining social media channels, and disseminating updates about our work and our entrepreneurs. The Development & Communications Associate will also have significant opportunities to help develop and grow CityBridge’s fundraising and communications strategy.
- Support CityBridge’s revenue generation engine: Provide logistical and strategic support around CityBridge’s development efforts by identifying and researching prospective funders, managing fundraising logistics, participating in the creation of new strategies to attract funding for CityBridge’s work, supporting investor relations, and engaging with partners and donors.
- Manage CityBridge communications strategy: Help develop and execute CityBridge’s external communications by writing and designing promotional and marketing materials, supporting the creation of fundraising materials, developing strategic methods of disseminating stories and updates, and maintaining CityBridge’s social media channels and the website.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of three years work experience preferred
- Highly organized, self-directed, and detail-oriented
- Thrives in a fast-paced workplace, juggling multiple projects at one time
- Excellent writing and meticulous editing skills
- Creative, with an eye for appealing aesthetics
- Experience with print design, including a working familiarity with design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Experience with website design and electronic communications, including the use of website management programs such as WordPress and electronic communications tools such as MailChimp
- Fluency in social media channels including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Instagram
- Development and/or communications experience is preferred
BENEFITS AND SALARY
Salary for this position is highly competitive, and a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Anjali Phillips at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
CityBridge Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to Anjali Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
543 total views, 1 today