Operations DIRECTOR, MATHEMATICS
CURRICULUM AND INSTRUCTION
235 work days
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Develops, supports, supervises, coordinates and evaluates District functions in the specific areas of K-12 mathematics. Champions the District’s effort to continuously refine and implement comprehensive instruction programs that are researched-based and aligned with district and state content standards.
– Serve on the department’s Leadership Team to monitor and guide the focus and actions of the department in mathematics
– Direct the development of a system for monitoring teacher’s use of effective teaching practices.
– Provide direct services to schools as they integrate school level programs and District initiatives.
– Lead and coordinate district-wide committees related to instructional program improvement.
– Facilitate central office curriculum specialists as they focus on the curriculum development needed to improve student assessment measures which are linked to district initiatives.
– Successfully develop and evaluate appropriate curriculum and instruction mathematics staff.
– Observe and offer formal and informal feedback to curriculum specialists and partners concerning planning and instructional delivery.
– Design professional learning in collaboration with curriculum specialists and partners.
– Develop, coordinate and participate in professional learning days.
– Meet with parents and community groups to serve as a spokesperson for the district’s instructional programs.
– Demonstrate cost consciousness and operational efficiency while performing the duties of this position.
– Perform all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Seven (7) years teaching experience in an urban school setting, depending on area of specialization.
– Five (5) years prior management experience required.
– Proficient skills with Microsoft Office products (e.g., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
– Bilingual skills in Spanish preferred.
– Principal’s or Administrator’s license.
– Valid Colorado Driver’s License, appropriate insurance coverage and acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years.
– Belief in and alignment with DPS core values and mission.
– Successful experience leading schools or central office departments and demonstrating increased student achievement.
– Experience in successful budget management and implementation of large complex projects.
– Strong communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
– Demonstrated organizational and problem-solving skills.
– Demonstrate outstanding project management and organizational skills.
– A strong desire to play a major role building a high-performing and transformative school system for Denver.
– A passion for being part of a team-oriented, mission-driven culture.
– Sufficient knowledge to support assessment systems (including interim assessments) and use data to drive academic achievement.
– Ability to represent the District with federal and state agencies concerning legislation, appropriations, programs, curriculum standards, and other matters related to the incumbent’s subject matter expertise.
– Ability to collaborate with external consultants, other school districts, CDE, private foundations, higher education institutions, appropriate professional organizations and other resources providing professional growth opportunities for staff, and opportunities for students.
– Supervise the preparation of proposals and grant applications for funding acquisition related to the subject matter expertise.
– Possess a high level of conceptual and analytic skills
– Master’s degree in Education or Curriculum and Instruction required. Doctorate degree preferred.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
Under the leadership of Superintendent Tom Boasberg and guided by the tenets of The Denver Plan, DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
How to ApplyIn order to be considered for this position, you MUST apply through the DPS job board. By using the following link, http://tinyurl.com/yad59c24 , you will be led directly to the application.
373 total views, 1 today