School Network Staff Director of Curriculum
Act in accordance with the network team and school level leadership to provide leadership in planning developing,
maintaining, and evaluating the curriculum and instruction; to coordinate, organize, perform duties dealing with instructional
support, supervision, budgeting, investments, and professional development; collaborate with instructional program
leadership and is responsible for representing the best interests of the school programs; provide direct supervision
of staff responsible for curriculum and instruction development; provide leadership to the network in complying with federal
and state laws and regulations.
Education and Experience
• Master’s Degree in education, curriculum, or related field
• Five (5) years’ experience in the area of curriculum and instruction
• At least three (3) years of teaching experience
• Valid Indiana Teaching License
• Valid Indiana Administrative license preferred; not required
● Experience with STEM, preferred
● Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
● Strong knowledge of Indiana State Academic Standards and Graduation Requirements
● Knowledge of state assessment requirements
● Ability to evaluate instructional programs and teaching effectiveness
● Ability to manage budget and personnel
● Ability to implement policy and procedures
● Ability to interpret data
● Strong communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills
● Plans and carries out a program of curriculum review and development that is aligned using the Design Thinking
● Align certification and work experiences to Indiana State Standards to allow for credit application.
● Manage teacher licensing and renewals
● Apply research and data to improve the content, sequence, and outcomes of the teaching-learning process
● Work with appropriate faculty to develop, maintain, and revise curriculum documents based on systematic review
● Involve instructional faculty team in evaluating and selecting instructional materials to meet student learning
● Monitor professional research and disseminate ideas and information to others.
● Ensure the use of technology in the teaching-learning process.
● Plan the necessary time, resources, and materials to support accomplishments of education goals.
● Obtain and use evaluative findings (including student achievement data to examine curriculum and instruction
● Provide effective staff development activities that incorporate the mission of the school, program evaluation
outcomes, and input from teachers and others.
● Acts as a liaison with other networks, universities, and State Department personnel in order to keep abreast of
new educational developments and ideas.
● Keeps current with educational developments and the literature in the field of education and participates in the
affairs of state and national professional societies devoted to the advancement of education.
● Assists with all assessment and accountability programs, data analysis and interpretation.
● Provides leadership in the evaluation of instructional methods and programs, and recommends such changes and
improvements as are needed.
● Guides individual professional development experiences
● Supervises the instructional and professional development programs of the staff
● Assist in the planning and implementation of effective programs of supervision and evaluation.
● Designs, recommends, carries out educational initiatives; disseminates and interprets the results to
administrators, teachers, and parents as appropriate.
● Supervises and coordinates the work of curriculum resource consultants.
● Provides guidance in the selection and use of instructional materials
● Works with teachers in the preparation of curriculum materials.
● Perform other duties consistent with the position assigned.
How to ApplyPlease complete an application at https://pphs.purdue.edu/employment-opportunities. Please submit application, cover letter, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
249 total views, 1 today