School Network Staff Director of Finance (Network Position)
Chief Operating Officer
School Business Managers
Finance Division Staff
The Director of Finance will be responsible for oversight, processing and recording of fiscal accounting transactions for Capital Preparatory Schools. Our schools are located in the NY and CT. He/she will be responsible for recording and processing of all fiscal transactions, including but not limited to; payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivables, journal entries, and others. He/she will complete the monthly close process, reconciliation of accounts, grant reporting, and state or federal reporting. He/she will serve as a key source of information to charter school staff, and play an integral role in continually assessing and improving services provided to the schools. The position is based at Capital Preparatory’ s main office located in Bridgeport, CT but will require travel between our CT and NY schools.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a General Ledger System and Chart of Accounts in accordance with GAAP.
- Ensure proper recording of all transactions in QuickBooks and other fiscal systems.
- Prepare and present regular reports for the Leadership Team and Board of Trustees, including the preparation of monthly financial statements for presentation at the monthly board
- Manage the monthly and yearly closing
- Manage all financial audits and determine the need for an OMB Circular A-‐133 audit on a yearly
- Coordinate 990 tax filings with external
- Issue 1099’s to vendors and contractors yearly, as
- Oversee payroll processing for all schools, including 941 filing and payroll reconciliations.
- Issue W-2’s to employees yearly, as required.
- Reconcile bank statements and other asset and liability accounts on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Implement and maintain Fiscal Policies and Procedures and other internal control and workflow processes or procedures.
- Prepare and monitor the annual budget.
- Develop and implement models for multi-year budgets and forecasts.
- Process purchase order approvals and
- Prepare reports for authorizers, including the NYC Department of Education, CT State Department of Education, SUNY and a range of governmental agencies (compliance reports, annual reports, renewal application, program reports).
- Ensure proper documentation and implementation of government-‐funded grant programs (e.g. E-‐rate, Title I, Title II, and others).
- Establish minimum vendor requirements and evaluate vendors and contractors to insure they meet the minimum requirements to work in the
- Assist COO or Leadership Team with fundraising efforts, including researching potential public/governmental funding sources and developing funding plans.
- Participate in Board of Trustees Meetings or Committees.
- Manage the financial aspects of special grants and
- Contribute financial and management perspective to school planning and
- Supervision, evaluation, training and development for network and school based fiscal and operation teams.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred. CPA preferred.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in school or non-profit accounting and budgeting.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience with CT and NY charter schools is required.
- Proficiency with computer applications, i.e. Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint and Windows. QuickBooks, AnyBill, Intacct, ADP experience is a plus.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work under stressful situations and within specific time constraints.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work an extended day, if necessary.
NOTE: The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all duties or as a contract. In all cases, these relationships, functions and their applications are subject to change.
How to ApplyPLEASE APPLY HERE
224 total views, 3 today