Finance Director of Finance & Operations
The Director of Finance and Operations is responsible for overseeing all financial operations at 5280 High School. This person will advise the Executive Director and Board of Directors on the financial, operational, and budget matters of the school while administering the finances in accordance with federal, state, and local laws. Job responsibilities include managing all finance functions involved with: bookkeeping, accounting, budgeting, grants management, payroll, purchasing, risk management, financial transparency, and facilities support. Acts as the liaison with the Board’s Finance Committee. Responsible for monthly reports in support of financial reporting and transparency. Assists with long and short-range financial planning, advises on special projects, and provides analyses to support board and executive decision making. This position will report directly to the Executive Director.
Requirements Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all financial processes including: bookkeeping, financial reporting, financial audit, banking, tax filing, general ledger, accounts/grants receivable, accounts payable, payroll, and purchasing.
- Direct the preparation of the annual budget while maintaining current knowledge of state and federal laws governing the control and distribution of public school finances and other sources of finance.
- Maintain constant awareness of the school’s financial position and act to prevent possible issues.
- Manage and maintain the school’s financial software systems.
- Manage audit and internal control operations.
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial and budget performance on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Serve as a member of the school administration team and advisor on short-term and long-term financial objectives and policies.
- Participate in planning, development and implementation of budgets, including debt management, and long-range facilities management.
- Manage banking relationships and cash balances.
- Provide effective management of the assets of the school by promoting internal controls and ensuring proper insurance coverage.
- Serve as a liaison/advisor to the school’s Finance Committee.
- Create and deliver financial presentations for monthly or quarterly board meetings.
- Support school leadership on issues related to facilities, building purchases, leases, and repairs.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience: $75,000-$95,000 / year
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program
- 100% funding of individual medical benefits
- Vision, dental, and life insurance plans available for purchase
- Approximately three weeks of summer vacation and four weeks of school holidays and vacation
About 5280 High School: 5280 is Colorado’s only recovery high school–serving youth in recovery from addiction. 5280 is a public charter school authorized by Denver Public Schools that provides a high-quality learning environment within a substance-free community. It is a complex legal entity that is part-government, part-nonprofit that requires strong financial leadership capacity to juggle all of the moving parts. We are casting a wide net for candidates and would love to hear from you if you believe you are a great candidate!
5280 High School is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of 5280 to afford equal employment and advancement opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, disability, marital status, medical condition, or any other classification that is protected under applicable local, state or federal law.