Instructional Support Director of Inclusivity
Colorado Academy (CA) is a Pre-K through 12 independent day school in Denver, Colorado seeking a full-time Director of Inclusivity to begin in August 2019. We value candidates that are passionate about issues of equity and inclusivity, and who have excellent interpersonal skills. Position requires working well with a wide variety of constituents including students, colleagues, and parents.
The Director of Inclusivity at Colorado Academy is a member of the Administrative Team and reports directly to the Head of School. Acting as a resource, guide, and strategic planner, the Director of Inclusivity will help CA to be an inclusive school community, one that values a diversity of perspectives, traditions, ideas, and contributions.
In particular, the Director of Inclusivity will:
- Provide strategic leadership in the area of diversity at CA, utilizing best practices in diversity and inclusive excellence.
- Oversee and collaborate with division inclusivity representatives.
- Act as a resource for faculty and staff in providing academic, emotional, and social support for students/families of diverse backgrounds.
- Serve as a resource for faculty around inclusivity and equity issues through collaboration and support.
- Collaborate with division principals on culturally appropriate curricula.
- Collaborate with the departments of Visual & Performing Arts as well as Athletics in supporting students.
- Coordinate programs for educating the CA community (faculty, staff, students, parents) about issues related to inclusivity.
- Partner with CA parent organizations to ensure diversity and inclusivity in parent programming.
- Serve as a resource for students and student leaders of diversity initiatives; work to be a visible presence in the different divisions at CA.
- Support the hiring of candidates of color at CA through outreach and travel to conferences and hiring fairs.
- Support the Admission Office’s work with prospective parents as they work to learn more about the CA community and a potential fit for their child.
- Work with the Communications Office to publicize diversity-related events, educational opportunities, workshops, etc. for students, faculty, and families.
The position requires an individual with vision, patience, flexibility, energy, enthusiasm, proven people and managerial skills, a sense of humor, and experience working with students and parents. Experience in an educational institution and an understanding of mission-driven enterprises are helpful. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s Degree and two to four years’ experience with diversity initiatives in schools preferred.
- The successful applicant for this position will have:
- Leadership experience in community-building efforts.
- Value the importance of being present.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), analytical and organizational skills.
- A genuine appreciation for and ability to mentor adolescents.
- The ability to inspire as well as work as part of a team of professionals.
As is true of all faculty members, the Director of Inclusivity will be expected to have a genuine understanding and appreciation of all facets of Colorado Academy’s program, and as a result will participate in the daily life of the school.
How to ApplyQualified applicants are invited to apply online at: Colorado Academy Job Opportunities Colorado Academy does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, age, disability, status as a veteran or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard, or any other classification protected under state or federal law.
1070 total views, 1 today