Research and Policy Director of Policy Services
About CASB The Colorado Association of School Boards was established in 1940 to provide a structure through which school board members could unite in their efforts to promote the interests and welfare of Colorado’s 178 school districts.
CASB represents and advocates for more than 1,000 school board members and superintendents statewide to groups both within and outside the K-12 education community. CASB provides services, information, and training programs to support school board members as they govern their local districts. Membership benefits and solutions are designed to enhance school board effectiveness and help board members increase their knowledge, boost their efficiency, and connect with their communities.
CASB also cultivates relationships with dozens of governing bodies and other education stakeholders—at both the state and national level—to ensure a unified and effective voice and presence on behalf of its members. The association is guided and governed by a 22-member board of directors comprised of school board members representing 12 CASB regions across the state.
CASB Vision The Colorado Association of School Boards through leadership, service, training, and advocacy prepares local boards of education to advance a system of public schools where all students are challenged to meet their full potential.
CASB Mission Advancing excellence in public education through effective leadership by locally elected boards of education.
About the Position The Director of Policy Services will be a contributing member of CASB’s program team, including:
- Contribute to the strategic direction of the department and organization;
- Prioritize policy projects and project manage policy work plans and online policy systems;
- Analyze policy issues and trends with the ability to interpret/forecast the impact on education policy;
- Compile data from policy field visits to improve policy services for members;
- Develop and deliver presentations that provide general policy information/training to school board members and other school district personnel at district locations and CASB events.
A qualified candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in public education;
- Experience with public school board policy development and/or policy governance;
- 3 or more years management experience preferred;
- Knowledge of Colorado school law;
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated excellence in written and oral skills, including editing and public speaking;
- A genuine desire to work with people to improve public education in Colorado.
Salary: CASB will offer a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
Job Posting Date: October 15, 2019
Application Deadline: November 15, 2019 at 4:00pm
Anticipated Start Date: To be negotiated
Please send a resume, cover letter, salary requirements, and references to Brittany Crossman at email@example.com. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Colorado Association of School Boards is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, age, marital status, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veteran status.