Operations / Administration Director of Regional Operations
About the Role:
This position will be a key member of KIPP Colorado’s leadership team. This position sets the vision for school-based operational excellence and realizes that vision through coaching of Assistant Principals of Operations and management of the Manager of Regional Operations, Student Recruitment and Enrollment Coordinator and Technology Team. The person in this position must be skilled at developing and coaching people, building systems at a network level and navigating relationships among schools, regional staff and DPS. This full-time position is a part of our Regional Team. The Director of Regional Operations will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
About KIPP Colorado:
KIPP Colorado Schools is part of the national KIPP network of tuition-free, open enrollment college-preparatory public charter schools dedicated to preparing students from underserved communities for success in college and life. We are a network of six high-performing, college-preparatory public charter schools that educate students from ECE through 12th grade. We currently serve two communities within Denver; the Northeast and Southwest. Both communities serve students in elementary, middle and high school.
Every child grows up free to create the future they want for themselves and their communities.
Together with families and communities, we create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose —college, career, and beyond—so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
Management & Culture Leadership
- Proactively works to build a shared culture of equity, joy and and trust across all teams
- Sets the vision for school operational excellence and coaches APO’s and their team to realize the vision so that operations staff at schools feel supported and are building capacity towards a self-sufficient school operations model.
- Determines the long term vision for technology at KIPP CO and manages the Tech Team to realize that vision.
- Manages professional development and the talent pipeline for school and regional operations.
- Owns APO and school ops hiring processes in partnership with Talent and Principals
- Directs coaching and performance management processes for school ops to ensure equitable development and coaching of all operations staff in partnership with the Talent Team and Director of Leadership Development.
- Establishes proactive relationships with DPS service partners in Safety & Security, Facilities, Food Services, Nursing Services, Transportation. Serves as the point of escalation for DPS services.
- Directs Student Recruitment & Enrollment strategy and systems to ensure 100% enrollment at all schools against enrollment targets. Manages citywide lottery participation and compliance
- Creates and maintains structures that support School Ops planning and execution in partnership with the Head of Schools
- Regional point of contact for school-based emergencies (e.g. fire, lockdown/lockout, snow days).
- Liaises with DPS and Shared Campus partners to ensure resources are allocated fairly and efficiently to benefit all students
- Identifies organizational risk priorities and implements an associated plan for each Manages insurance policies and claims.
- Oversees short and long term facility capital projects
- Strong commitment to the belief that all students can learn and to the mission of anti-racist, educational equity – required
- Bachelor’s Degree required;
- 6+ years of relevant experience and 3+ years of experience managing a team
- Experience in mapping short- and long-term operations strategy for schools or other nonprofit organizations
- Experience managing student recruitment and enrollment
- Experience coaching others to expand their capacity and meet organizational priorities
- Experience in facility and/or environmental oversight of a school or nonprofit
- Ability to exercise excellent judgment in decision-making
- Adept at thinking strategically, translating plans into action, and exhibiting excellent judgment
- Excellent writing, speaking, and presenting skills, and a keen attention to detail
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to KIPP Colorado’s mission and values, including a strong commitment to the belief that all children can learn and deserve access to an excellent public education
- Naturally and readily assumes responsibility to fix problems and create improvements
- Ability to quickly and effectively build relationships with, motivate, and engage a diverse group of stakeholders
- Ability to self‐direct and prioritize among competing goals and exhibit flexibility in a fast‐paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Skilled at analyzing, interpreting, and using data to collaborate, identify best practices and areas for improvement, and drive results
This position is open for an immediate start date. Compensation is competitive and is negotiable based on experience. Employee benefits include medical, dental, participation in PERA, and a paid time-off package.
Compensation and Benefits
- The starting salary for this role is $90,000
- Benefits package including medical, dental, and vision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in PERA
- Paid family or medical leave of absence
- Paid time off
- Relocation reimbursement (when applicable)
- Wellness reimbursement
- Voluntary employee, spousal, and child life insurance
- Voluntary long term disability insurance
- Voluntary short term disability insurance
- Optional 401(k)
- Optional Basic Life and AD&D Insurance
- All staff members are issued a laptop computer and cell phone.
- Numerous professional growth and leadership opportunities within KIPP Colorado Schools.
KIPP Colorado Schools is dedicated to equal employment opportunities and fair labor practices. KIPP Colorado Schools, KIPP Denver Collegiate High School, KIPP Northeast Denver Middle School, KIPP Northeast Elementary, KIPP Northeast Denver Leadership Academy, KIPP Sunshine Peak Academy and KIPP Sunshine Peak Elementary provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications, and the ability to perform a job without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, religious creed, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, legally protected medical condition, veteran status, sexual orientation, or on any other basis made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. It is our policy to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.