Instructional Support Director of Student Supports
About Community Roots:
Community Roots Charter School is a rigorous learning community where learning is embedded in meaningful real world context, where children are deliberately taught to see the connections between school and the world. CRCS students will meet or exceed the Common Core standards and be prepared to excel in the 21st century by being taught to be independent thinkers and to work productively within a diverse group of learners. At CRCS students will learn to combine curiosity with appropriate application, which will lead to deep understanding and the confidence to take on challenges to become who they want to be.
Currently, Community Roots has 475 students in grades K-8. Our first 8th grade class graduated in June 2015. Please visit our website for more information about our school: www.communityroots.org.
Community Roots is hiring:
We are currently looking for an Elementary School Director of Student Supports who will work to be both innovative and inspiring in the pursuit of meeting the needs of all students in grades K-5. This position will report to the Elementary School Co-Directors and supervise the learning specialist team, support providers, including but not limited to related service providers and paraprofessionals.
Community Roots Charter School seeks individuals who:
- Believe in and are capable of high levels of collaboration and communication
- Believe that communicating and building relationships with children’s families is essential
- See themselves as active learners committed to ongoing professional development
- Believe that all children have the right to an exceptional education
- Understand that children learn in different ways
- Are committed to ensure academic, emotional and social growth in every child
- Are capable of building a safe, nurturing, supportive and high achieving school culture
- Believe that working and educating children in a diverse environment is essential
- Enjoy their work
- Belief in CRCS mission and philosophy
- Strong belief in and ability to collaborate
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and problem solve independently
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize student achievement while creating a nurturing and encouraging school environment
- Previous managerial experience preferred
- Experience in working with students with IEPs and students at risk
Main responsibilities will include:
- Work with co-directors to develop and institute school-wide goals and plans for improving inclusive education practice.
- Oversee all programs and services for students with Individual Education Programs and 504 plans as well as those students identified as needing additional at-risk services in grades 6 – 8, including reading intervention, math intervention and behavior plans and any accompanying assessments.
- Ensure communication and effective transition of services and information about students from one grade to the next.
- Collaborate with co-directors to provide professional development around inclusive practices for the faculty.
- Supervise and support the work of learning specialists through regular meetings and feedback.
- Supervise and support the work of related service providers and paraprofessionals through regular meetings and feedback.
- Interview and hire related service providers and paraprofessionals as needed based on student need.
- Ensure regular and effective communication between support providers, teaching staff, and families.
- Communicate and model expectations for maintaining an inclusive environment to all stakeholders including staff, families, and students.
- Participate as an active member of the Community Roots Inclusive Practices Group.
Committee on Special Education Collaboration and Communication
- Coordinate the development, maintenance and oversight of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) including, developing IEP goals, collecting documents for meetings, setting pre-meetings and other meetings for all students who have IEPs and/or are in process of evaluation.
- Ensure the school’s compliance with special education regulations and the maintenance of accurate special education records in accordance with state and federal law including required special education reporting to state authorizers.
- Serve as liaison for the Committee on Special Education (CSE) and related service provider agencies.
- Maintain and oversee logs for intervention services, evaluations and CSE related meetings.
- Serve as liaison and advocate for families and students at the CSE and with other agencies.
Assessment and Intervention
- Contribute to multi-tiered system of support plan, including support for implementation of assessments, data analysis, and planning for instruction. This includes but is not limited to the learning specialist assessment process, NYSITELL, NYSESLAT, the Child Study Team process, Functional Behavior Assessments and Behavior Intervention Plans.
- Oversee implementation of testing accommodations including proctor training and room assignments.
- Oversee proctor training, scheduling and implementation for New York State Alternative Assessment.
Salary and Benefits:
Community Roots offers a competitive benefits package. Salary commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
Please email cover letter and resume to current Director of Student Supports, Nikki Ladopoulos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to ApplyPlease email cover letter and resume to current Director of Student Supports, Nikki Ladopoulos at email@example.com.
148 total views, 2 today