Operations / Administration Director of Talent Acquisition
Do you want to unleash your out-of-the-box ideas for recruiting and hiring diverse top talent who will change the game for K-12 students in traditionally underserved communities in Denver?
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of K-12 public charter schools, that challenges every student to discover and develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. The Director of Talent Acquisition (DTA) joins the Talent Team at an exciting yet challenging time of transformation, where we are: 1. Evolving our internal and network-wide culture to be more diverse, equitable, and inclusive (DEI); and 2.) Transforming the employee experience by creating best-in-class talent acquisition, Human Resources (HR), and organizational development functions within STRIVE amidst an increasingly complex national and local landscape for K-12 education. The DTA plays a critical role in this transformation by:
- Executing a vision that breaks the mold for attracting and hiring diverse top talent (ie. principals, teachers, support professionals) for 11 schools and the central office;
- Revamping the hiring process to create a world class candidate and hiring manager experience;
- Strategically revising a recruitment strategy to reach diverse top talent.
In so doing, we will build a 500-strong dream team who will ensure the academic and lifelong success of our 3,800 brilliant students across 11 schools, who are Learning to Change the World.
THE MUST HAVES
Do the following must-haves resonate with how you are wired and demonstrable in your unique talents and experiences? If so, we invite you to apply and can’t wait to learn more about you!
- You find fun in the doing the impossible: This context? The external environment? The internal conditions of our organization? They don’t phase you, because the harder the challenge, the more excited you become, and the more out-of-the-box ideas flow. You make these ideas a reality daily through a disciplined approach to execution that focuses and holds your team accountable to a narrow set of the most important goals and initiatives. You generate high and contagious energy amongst your team and throughout the network because you let everyone know routinely whether or not we’re winning and collaborate to course correct when we’re not.
- You always be recruitin’: You have an eye for spotting great diverse talent everywhere, which instantly sets off the matchmaking game in your head connecting them to open and future roles within STRIVE. Your network is vast and diverse, and you proactively find meaningful and authentic ways to keep them engaged that results in a robust candidate pipeline and list of connectors. You make yourself known in the community and routinely enlist the resources in the ecosystem to ensure the best talent supports our students everyday.
- You are tech savvy and a systems builder: You have experience building the efficient systems needed to support an ambitious vision.You leverage data/technology/social media, outline processes, document policies, effectively communicate, thoughtfully train, and strategically incorporate learning into revised processes. This cycle of improvement energizes you.
Recruiting & Hiring
- Proactively build relationships with each school leader; execute a sourcing, recruiting, and hiring strategy customized to their school and context.
- Develop and execute on network-wide cultivation strategies that result in robust and diverse candidate pools, short and long-term pipelines, and lists of connectors.
- Identify and execute on the highest leverage recruiting/sourcing opportunities and partnerships locally and nationally to attract the very best diverse educators, school leadership, and support professionals to STRIVE.
- Leverage our 500-strong team members across STRIVE as active recruiters.
- Revamp the recruiting and hiring process through a DEI lens with strong customer orientation that is responsive and delivers a world class experience for candidates and hiring managers.
- Assist with other duties/tasks as needed or assigned by senior leadership team members.
- As a member of the Central Team, you will regularly support schools throughout the year on campus (including potentially working directly with students) and be a required active participant in network and school level activities/events.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (OR PREFERENCES WHERE NOTED)
- Bachelor’s degree or 10 year equivalent work experience (required)
- 1-3 year teaching and/or school-based experience (strongly preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years talent acquisition/recruiting/hiring experience (at least 100 positions annually strongly preferred)
- Independent travel in the Denver metro area and nationally (required)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation package and annual performance-based raises
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including an employer match and PERA 401k option
- Funding of 100% of individual medical benefits and a wide range of insurance plans
- Approximately three weeks of summer vacation, approximately four weeks of school holidays and vacations, and eight days of paid time off annually
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
STRIVE works to make a college prep education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias and seek to provide each candidate with a unique and equitable opportunity for employment. STRIVE is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Our culture of inclusion is rooted in the belief that when we create the conditions that align…
- Your unique gifts (Bring your full self, skills/knowledge, & unique lens on the work)
- Your purpose/desire for impact(What challenges do you most want to tackle?)
- The organization’s needs(STRIVE’s strategic goals and value we seek from this role)
…then you will have the opportunity every day to unleash your genius–individually and collectively with your colleagues–to ensure our students are Learning to Change the World. We create these conditions with intentional, strengths-based coaching through an equity and inclusion lens, and a culture that leverages the rich diversity of our team to inform the work and achieve breakthrough results for our students.