Operations / Administration Director of Transportation
If you are an experienced Transportation professional, interested in a leadership position and taking your career to the next level, we want to hear from you!
RFSD is currently seeking applications for the position of District Transportation Director. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, this dynamic, Director-level position plays a key role in District operations, providing both strategic leadership and day-to-day management for the Transportation Department, and providing safe, efficient, transportation services for all eligible students while operating in a friendly, supportive and comfortable environment.
- Supervises the Fleet Manager, Operations Manager, Driver Trainer, and all bus drivers
- Establishes and effectively manages processes and systems that ensure a knowledgeable, high-quality, high-performing staff.
- Develops the vision, mission, values, expectations and goals of the Transportation Department.
- Ensures that transportation supports academic achievement and developmental outcomes for all students.
- Collaborates with and engages stakeholders to implement strategies for continuous improvement.
- Proactively and efficiently manages the Department’s interactions and relationships, including those among and between parents/guardians, students, staff, external agencies and transportation employees.
- Develops and implements strategic initiatives to recruit and retain department employees.
- Directs the revision and update of school board and transportation policies and procedures.
- Uses accident and safety data analysis to ensure and recommend department policies/procedures.
- Regularly communicates to District leadership and staff regarding transportation news and updates.
- Presents to the board of education as needed.
- Oversees and directs fleet maintenance, route coordination, driver training and administrative functions.
- Ensures that all state required transportation obligations are met for Special Needs and McKinney Vento (homeless) classified students
- Ensures that clear expectations, structures, rules and procedures are established for students and staff.
- Develops and administers the Transportation budget, including planning, forecasting and capital expenditures.
- Advises the Chief Operating Officer on road and weather conditions for the determination of school closures during inclement weather.
- Supervises and implements the driver drug and alcohol testing program per FMCSA regulations
- Stays informed and knowledgeable of current federal and state laws, rules and regulations pertaining to student transportation.
- Responds to emergency situations during and after standard hours for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Manages the operations of a multi-site department; which includes facilities, equipment, and technology.
- Develops and manages emergency transportation planning, including evacuation and reunification protocols