This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
15 Sep 2021
School Network Staff Director, Talent Acquisition – Immediate Opening
Who we are
Meeting Street Schools (MSS), a network of four South Carolina schools, was founded on the belief that all students can learn and deserve the opportunity to receive a high-quality education, regardless of their socio-economic background. It is our belief that a student’s zip code should not determine a student’s access to education. At MSS, we believe in a holistic approach to education and work to provide any and all resources that facilitate student success in the classroom and beyond.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for passionate people who are clear in their thinking about what is possible for students and who have an unyielding work ethic, hunger to learn, and a sense of optimism. We are searching for people with a strong mission fit and tight alignment to our belief that all students — regardless of life circumstances– can and will succeed. We seek people who have the motivation, drive, compassion, and commitment to ensure that all students reach their full potential. High-performing people who desire to join us in our mission to change the status quo of education in South Carolina and prove that higher learning is not only possible but expected for ALL students are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply
At Meeting Street Schools we want new team members to be set up for success, so we ask that you carefully consider the job description, responsibilities, and qualifications before applying. If you are interested in multiple opportunities, you do not need to apply more than once. Our talent team will review your qualifications/experience, and you will be considered for all open roles for which you qualify.
The Director, Talent Acquisition is a central part of the Human Capital Team at Meeting Street Schools (MSS). You will be charged with leading recruitment and hiring for our network of schools and for our central office leadership. Your work ensures there is an excellent teacher in every classroom and an excellent school leadership team at every school and that they have strong support & network staff members helping them achieve their all-important work. Our success as an organization is dependent upon this talent work. You will work closely with senior leadership and external partners to attract, engage, and select high-quality teacher, leader, regional team, and campus support staff candidates for all openings. You will be responsible for developing the regional recruitment strategy and managing the full-cycle process for all campus & network team positions to ensure that our organization has the talent MSS requires in order to meet our student growth, achievement, and life success goals. You may also serve as a strategic thought partner to school and regional leaders around organizational health, retention, staffing, and other talent needs. Given our desire to drive resources to our campuses, you would be part of a small network team that performs and owns a broad range of functions.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Manage full-cycle recruiting, hiring, and placement of talented teachers and leaders
- Foster alignment of recruitment messaging and outreach across MSS
- Identify and maintain partnerships with key recruitment pipeline organizations
- Leverage social media and other mechanisms for communication to attract and engage prospects
- Strategically engage in individual outreach to ensure that top prospects become applicants
- Leverage Lever Hire and Lever Nurture to track and monitor prospects and ensure that they convert to applicants
- Identify top sources of talent and increase recruitment efforts within these pipelines
- Engage in at 2-4 external events each month
- Hold at least 10 cultivation calls or 1:1 meetings each month with strong prospects
- Leverage other staffing team members as well as other stakeholders to attend events
- Prioritize follow up with referrals to ensure that they convert to applicants and then to hires
- Represent MSS at career fairs and other events to attract large groups of talent to all positions at
- Effectively screen candidates through reviewing applications and video interviews, and conducting phone interviews
- Ensure equity within the process and ensure candidates are committed to closing the opportunity/achievement gap
- Ensure candidates receive communication from MSS within the appropriate timelines in order to provide the best candidate experience
- Review applications and communicate within 5 days of application submission
- Review and communicate with candidates who have submitted video screening by the established benchmark dates
- Ensure candidates hear back from MSS within 5 business days from their final interview
- Manage general communication through the recruiting inbox
- Ensure that 100% of campus staff members are hired by the start of the first day of work calendar/professional development
- Ensure that 100% of 2022-23 school leadership vacancies are filled with a “leader-ready” candidate by May 15th
- Hire, manage & coach any temporary (contract, intern, etc.) to oversee administrative & logistical work, freeing up the Director’s time to oversee more strategic work required to achieve goals
- Plan and facilitate interview days
- Manage CRM & applicant tracking system (ATS)
- Review and process all requisitions in our Applicant Tracking System (ATS/Lever Hire)
- Post all known vacancies by October 15th for all known positions for 2022-23
- Schedule and plan early hiring events
- Create and maintain a calendar of recruitment events
Strategic Planning & Partnership
- Create sustainable and replicable hiring strategies, policies, processes, and tools to support and facilitate the hiring of qualified candidates
- Determine regional hiring projections and weekly benchmark goals to manage hiring throughout the year.
- Evaluate the health of our grade level and content pools based on our projected hiring need.
- Communicate progress with senior network leadership.
- Partner with the CEO for school leader selection
- Coach and develop school leaders to manage a strong hiring process that enables them to efficiently and effectively hire the right people to join their teams.
- Engage in monthly check-ins with principals to review hiring progress.
- Build relationships of trust and collaboration with clients (hiring managers), so that 100% report being satisfied or highly satisfied with the partnership
- Initiate regular communication about the performance of hiring managers (as it relates to hiring & retaining talent) and about the health of the business partnership
- Conduct annual Hiring Manager Training, including training hiring managers on the use of our ATS (Lever Hire)
- Seek and give honest two-way feedback.
- Embrace the challenge of navigating complex business partnerships, and seize this challenge as an opportunity to influence transformation at all levels of the organization
- Help clients and other partners understand the connection between sometimes seemingly dichotomous priorities (e.g. system, individual/collective, short term/long term, etc )
- Develop and expand knowledge of the local educational landscape and top talent
Skills and Characteristics
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of learning and deserve an excellent education
- Considers and prioritizes students in all relevant decisions
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively express MSS’ mission and purpose to candidates
- Ability to assess a candidate’s qualifications and strengths in a defined amount of time
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the SC and national education landscape
- Knowledge of effective use of search engines, job sites, social networks, and other tools
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy required
- Excellent organization, planning, and follow-through skills required
- Desire to master new skills and an enthusiasm for recruitment
- Commits to constant professional and personal growth through reflection, feedback, and collaboration
- Excellent interpersonal skills that allow you to work with stakeholders in a way that demonstrates confidence, initiative, and dedication to meeting commitments
- Team player: maturity, humility, strong work ethic, follow-through, high EQ, willingness to respond positively to feedback, and a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Proficiency in Google Suite (Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Gmail, etc.)
- Experience with large-scale ATS or CRM system; experience with Lever Hire is a plus
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent years of related experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in recruitment, selection, admissions, or other human capital work required with full cycle recruitment and hiring preferred
- 3+ years of experience in K-12 education reform movement preferred
- Teaching or school leadership experience preferred
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to work over 40 hours per week with some nights and weekends and be held accountable to results and outputs, not hours and inputs
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
At Meeting Street Schools we are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.