Operations / Administration District Title IX Compliance Coordinator – Job ID 3364
Conduct, coordinate, and document investigations implicating Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972, including, but not limited to, investigating and resolving complaints of sex based discrimination including sexual harassment and sexual violence involving students and employees of Jeffco Public Schools. Work collaboratively with department attorneys and directors, other district agencies, outside counsel and local law enforcement departments to resolve complaints and produce a detailed, unbiased report regarding the findings of the investigation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure district compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments Act of 1972.
- Build a database to track and monitor complaints and identify patterns.
- Conduct audits to ensure the district staff’s compliance with Title IX’s administrative requirements.
- Coordinate the administration of the district’s procedures for investigating and resolving Title IX complaints.
- Build proactive programs to combat negative patterns/trends.
- Research and analyze federal, state, and local rules and regulations, and make suggested revisions to process, procedure and policy.
- Build and maintain good partnerships with law enforcement agencies.
- Educate school communities on Title IX complaint process.
- Provide training and technical assistance on school policies related to sex discrimination for student, and staff including, but not limited to:
- Basic knowledge related to Title IX.
- How and when to initiate a Title IX investigation.
- How to utilize templates and reporting tools.
- Confer what support is available.
- Evaluate, investigate and resolve complaints alleging sexual harassment
- Gather, organize, and analyze complaint information. Perform initial analysis of all complaints. Partner with other team members to determine investigative strategy.
- Examine and analyze documentary evidence to include, but not be limited to, employee records and law enforcement reports.
- Assemble pertinent data, records and other evidence to support written investigative reports.
- Use effective interview techniques to gather information from complainant, witnesses and accused wrongdoers.
- Prepare legally and administratively sound and comprehensive investigative reports.
- Exercise judgment regarding the resolution of complaints including informal resolution and formal investigation.
- Professionally communicate with complainant, parents/guardians, district administrators, Department of Human Services, and law enforcement agencies.
- Consult regularly with partnered team members regarding appropriate actions from investigative report results.
- Report out and collaborate the decision making at resolution conferences with team partners and staff.
- Assist in-house and outside counsel in administrative and legal case preparation.
- Manage and maintain case database to generate reports and audits.
- Utilize collected data to predict trends to effectively implement district policies and procedures.
- Multi-task with ease while prioritizing the most urgent matters.
- Convey appropriate empathy, patience and listening skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Five (5) years or more combined years or more of experience in the following areas: Title IX compliance work; developing and presenting Title IX trainings to diverse audiences; conducting Title IX or other workplace investigations.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related field or equivalent education and/or experience equivalent.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Colorado driver’s license. Title IX training and certification from ATIXA or other recognized organization preferred.
How to ApplyIf you are interested in this position, please apply online via the Jeffco Job Board: https://www.jeffcopublicschools.org/employment/jobs
116 total views, 10 today