Operations / Administration Dual Language Coordinator
Global Preparatory Academy develops compassionate global leaders through a bilingual/bi-literate education program that focuses on hands-on and cultural learning opportunities.
Global Prep Academy, a dual language school that connects students from diverse linguistic backgrounds and educates them together in a highly rigorous, engaging and nurturing environment. Using both English and Spanish to instruct students in all core content areas, students will develop high levels of bilingualism and biliteracy, as well as a deep value and understanding of other cultures. As citizens in a global world, students at Global Prep gain limitless access to other cultures through bilingualism and instruction, which emphasizes critical thinking using global perspectives and experiential learning. Through two-way immersion (TWI) in English and Spanish, students will affirm the values of their own cultures while acquiring an understanding and appreciation of other cultures. Our students attain bilingualism in a natural process through everyday conversation and content instruction. We are committed to providing relevant instruction pushing our students to be critical thinkers and change makers in an ever-changing world.
The Dual Language Coordinator is a new leadership position for the 2021-2022 school year. The Dual Language Coordinator will lead data driven professional development and program coordination providing a wide array of student supports that extend beyond the general education classroom. The Dual Language Coordinator will report to the Head of School.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
● Facilitates classroom observations and co-teaching
● Tracks data for students in the dual language program to identify trends and needs for professional development
● Informs teachers of available professional development opportunities
● Provides training in dual language instruction
● Organizes monthly professional development for teachers in dual language program
● Coordinates initial student assessment and placement in dual language program
● Develop and Maintain Dual Language School Handbook
● Assist in identification of high quality instructional materials
● Promote the program in educational forums
● Engage community regarding program implementation and activities
● Evaluate the dual language program
● Organizes parent meetings related to dual language program
● Provides information for parents and community related to dual language instruction
● Addresses parent questions and concerns
● Promotes high expectations for all staff and students students
● Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
● Minimum five years dual language leadership experience, three years as lead teacher, administrative experience as professional development coordinator/facilitator
● Must possess the appropriate teaching license with an ESL and/or bilingual endorsement in the grade level being taught.
● Skill in the application of contemporary principles and practices of teaching, good oral and written communication skills, good interpersonal skills, skill in exercising sound and professional judgment.
● Enjoys collaborative work environment
● Enjoys problem solving
● Effective oral and written communication skills
● Native Spanish speakers and bilingual candidates preferred
Competitive medical, dental, vision, retirement and life insurance package.