Principal or Vice Principal ECE Program Director- Denver, CO
Thrive Preschool is a new private and locally owned large preschool opening, August 2020, in the Englewood/Harvard Gulch area! This is not our first preschool, we are expanding and opening our sister location! We are looking to build upon our already nurturing and supportive community of early childhood professionals who share a passion for play and discovery. We are looking for a highly qualified Program Director to lead our new team at our new preschool, starting December 2019. Very competitive base pay with solid bonus structure. We are a Reggio Emilia and Waldorf inspired preschool.
Program Director experience is required and experience working with and/or helping develop a new school and/or business is strongly preferred but not required. Knowledge of Reggio Emilia and/or Waldorf educational practices and philosophies is also strongly preferred. Email résumés to email@example.com
– Strong background in the ECE marketing & enrollment processes
– A positive attitude, warm personality and passion for working with young children, families, and teachers
– Strong organization, leadership, and communication skills
– Looking to grow and evolve with a new and forward thinking organization for many years to come
– High Levels of Self-Awareness e.g Emotional IQ, emotional- self awareness, strengths & weaknesses, passionate about growth.
– Intentional, Mindful and Reflective in Professional Practices e.g: Ability to receive and utilize feedback and constructive criticism, ability to create and maintain professional and positive energies throughout the building and amongst staff.
– A love of or appreciation for nature and spending time outdoors
– Dedicated to play-based learning
– Creative and “go-getter” mindset
– Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings (open houses, family-teacher conferences, seasonal holiday celebrations etc.)
– Must meet minimum qualifications for employment as a director of a large child care center in the state of Colorado, including training, experience, and background check requirements
– Experience as a director of a large child care center in the state of Colorado, 2 years minimum preferred.
– A Bachelor’s degree in early childhood education from a regionally accredited college or university and/or a master’s degree with a major emphasis in child development, early childhood education, or early childhood special education
– Experience, training, and/or knowledge surrounding Reggio Emilia and/or Waldorf educational practices and philosophies
-Experience, training, and/or knowledge surrounding Conscious Discipline
– As a program director, you will work closely with ownership, program director at other location, classroom teachers, and support staff on the following,Including but not limited to:
– Oversee further development and implementation of inquiry based/mindful based curriculum, documentation, and work projects of children in accordance with our guiding educational philosophy
– Assist teachers in monitoring student progress
– Assist teachers in developing everyday classroom behavioral management solutions
– Confer with parents and staff to develop educational programming and school policies that will support all students
– Set educational standards and goals. Establish and uphold policies, procedures, and programs to carry them out
– Conduct classroom observations to assess teacher-student interactions and instructional methods.
– Support teachers and staff in goal-setting and overall quality program improvement
– Culture building that is in alignment with school missions and philosophies.
– Support teachers in data-gathering and assessment
– Direct and coordinate activities with teachers and staff, including monthly staff meetings, professional development, staff scheduling, and special events (i.e., open house events, back-to-school nights, parent-teacher conferences, holiday celebrations, etc.)
– Maintain all documentation as mandated by the State of Colorado (i.e. attendance logs, vaccination records, student and employee files)
– Oversee CRM Enrollment Systems
– Oversee and assist in lead generation and enrollment processes
– Oversee and assist in recruiting, hiring, training, and evaluating primary and supplemental staff
– Teach classes or courses or provide direct care to children when needed
– Stick to budgets and determine allocations of funds for classroom supplies, materials, and equipment. Authorize staff purchases.
– Review and evaluate new and current programs to determine their efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with state, local, and federal regulations. Recommend any necessary modifications
– Oversee facility safety, security, and maintenance operations and procedures
– Collect and analyze survey data, regulatory information, demographic/employment trends to forecast enrollment patterns and the need for program/curriculum changes
– Create and disseminate informational materials for program marketing, family/community engagement, and parent education
-100% health, vision, dental insurance coverage
– 80 hours PTO/Year in addition to regular school holidays (see school calendar)
*Englewood /Harvard Gulch Area*