Marketing and Communications Education Strategist
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. Each cycle is an opportunity for us to support organizations across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are seeking a full-time Education Strategist to develop and manage integrated marketing, fundraising and communications strategies for our growing client base. If you have strong writing and analytical skills, are an expert multitasker, have experience as a teacher or in education, can lead teams effectively and want to put your stamp on creative campaigns that mobilize resources for social good, this job is for you!
Successful candidates will be responsible for:
- Day-to-day management of client relationships and satisfaction;
- Working with our team to carry out multiple tasks and support multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment;
- Generating insights using results and social analytics tools to optimize content and strategy;
- Contributing to collaborative brainstorms and planning sessions; and
- Analyzing performance to determine future messaging.
- Developing and implementing online education content and communications strategies, including the design and management of communications calendars;
- Working with writers, designers and technical experts to generate top-notch, engaging content;
- Advising education clients, particularly non-profits focused on math curricula and equity in student success, on industry best practices and emerging strategies;
- Providing education clients with strategic testing opportunities and designing next steps from data analysis;
- Working with client teams, including technology and creative, to assist in managing resources and project timelines;
- Supporting business development efforts and participating in new business pitches; and
- Providing top-quality customer service to clients, including regular reporting and invoicing.
- Strong writing and analytical skills;
- At least 2-5 years experience with educational organizations, nonprofits or interactive marketing companies;
- Experience building and executing project plans to achieve fundraising and communications goals;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment;
- Background in digital communications, fundraising and/or marketing.
- Background as a classroom teacher
- At least 2-5 years experience with educational organizations including schools or districts, with experience in the math classroom a particular plus
- Client management experience is a plus.
Salary range for this role is $60,000 to $70,000 per year, depending on experience.
*Supporting your team on some nights and weekends as we approach high-volume times may be required.