6 Mar 2018
Teacher Elementary Crew Lead Teacher
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Teacher lead for an elementary classroom (K/1 loop, multi-age grades 2/3, multi-age grades 4/5)
- Design and implement two learning expeditions per year aligned with the Odyssey curriculum map and the EL core practices.
- Design and implement language arts and math curriculum aligned with the EL core practices and the Common Core State Standards.
- Develop strong relationships with students, families and staff.
- Consistently use instructional practices that are engaging and promote equity and high expectations.
- Utilize effective assessment practices to understand learning and to shape instruction.
- Help students understand, reflect on, and take responsibility for their own learning.
- Work with your teammate, intervention staff & administration to meet needs of ALL students.
- Communicate effectively with students, parents/guardians and other staff members.
- Demonstrate and foster a commitment to character through challenging academic work, service, adventure trips and crew.
How to ApplyApplication & Hiring Process Visit our website for details - http://odysseydenver.org/get-involved/work-for-odyssey/ Cover Letter - If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter which includes reflection on this job opportunity. Help us understand what makes you a great match for Odyssey’s elementary lead teacher position. Please specify what grade levels you prefer. Additional Materials Along with the letter, please email the following:
- Up-to-date resume or curriculum vitae that gives a full picture of your professional and educational experiences in and outside of the field of education.
- One piece of ‘evidence’ that may help set you apart from our strong candidate pool. A few ideas to get your juices flowing: high quality student work, videos, amazing unit plans, student quotes.
- List of professional references including capacity in which you know each person, affiliation, current employment, email and phone contact information, acknowledgement that the school has permission to communicate with these individuals as part of the hiring process.
45 total views, 1 today