Principal or Vice Principal Elementary Principal
SUMMARY: Demonstrate effective instruction leadership skills that provide focus on student achievement. Guide the development of a caring collaborative community that includes all stakeholders in the school. Provide purpose and vision for the school. Manage the human resources to ensure an orderly work and learning environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Tasks Descriptions
|% of Time|
|1. Organize school operations around improvement of instruction by maintaining a safe and orderly environment, upholding state laws, contracts and District Policies, managing personnel, maintaining facility to provide a quality learning environment, efficiently managing financial resources, establishing effective public relationships, and coordinating effective instructional programs with a master schedule.||D||20%|
|2. Articulate belief system through voice and actions, leading the school in a clear focus, communicating your vision for the school, and being the change agent when necessary.||D||15%|
|3. Articulate Effective Instructional practices by providing intellectual stimulation, being actively involved in, and having knowledge of current research in curriculum, instruction, and assessment.||D||15%|
|4. Assess quality of classroom instruction by monitoring, being visible, conducting Walk Throughs regularly, communicating, and providing a clear behavior structure and atmosphere||D||15%|
|5. Implement an Accountability system through the district accreditation process, aligning instruction with state and district standards, using the district evaluation system, providing expectations for an orderly atmosphere, holding data discussions with staff and teachers three times a year, and adapting to the needs of the current situation by seeking input.||D||15%|
|6. Establish and foster the learning environment by maximizing collaboration to improve instruction, providing teachers with materials, inspiring new and challenging innovations, and valuing a sense of community.||D||15%|
|7. Perform other duties as assigned.||Ongoing||5%|
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree in Education Administration plus additional course work required for certification or licensure.
- Minimum of five years of experience in teaching/administration, including a minimum of three years of teaching.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- Colorado principal license.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Classroom experience necessary.
- Interpersonal relations skills.
- Advanced leadership skills
- Customer service and public relations skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of data analysis, curriculum and instruction, budgeting and accounting, special education laws and master agreement/labor relations.
- Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies and building and department procedures
- Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
- Ability and willingness to adhere to attendance requirements and to follow district procedures for absence reporting. Regular attendance is an essential function of the position and necessary for the efficient operation of the business. Employees are expected to be on time and punctual for work, conforming to established work hours. It is recognized that there are times when a person must be absent due to illness or other reasons.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
- Operating knowledge of and experience with personal computers and peripherals.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Google Apps.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with typical office equipment, such as telephones, copier, fax machine, E-mail, etc.