This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
15 Sep 2021
Teacher Elementary Teacher – 2021- 2022 – Immediate Opening
Who we are
Meeting Street Schools (MSS), a network of four South Carolina schools, was founded on the belief that all students can learn and deserve the opportunity to receive a high-quality education, regardless of their socio-economic background. It is our belief that a student’s zip code should not determine a student’s access to education. At MSS, we believe in a holistic approach to education and work to provide any and all resources that facilitate student success in the classroom and beyond.
Who we’re looking for
We are looking for passionate people who are clear in their thinking about what is possible for students and who have an unyielding work ethic, hunger to learn, and a sense of optimism. We are searching for people with a strong mission fit and tight alignment to our belief that all students — regardless of life circumstances– can and will succeed. We seek people who have the motivation, drive, compassion, and commitment to ensure that all students reach their full potential. High-performing people who desire to join us in our mission to change the status quo of education in South Carolina and prove that higher learning is not only possible but expected for ALL students are encouraged to apply.
Before you apply
At Meeting Street Schools we want new team members to be set up for success, so we ask that you carefully consider the job description, responsibilities, and qualifications before applying. If you are interested in multiple opportunities, you do not need to apply more than once. Our talent team will review your qualifications/experience, and you will be considered for all open roles for which you qualify.
The Role of a Teacher at Meeting Street Schools:
We are looking for certified educators that believe that ALL students can learn and ALL students deserve an excellent education. This person will be someone with high expectations who believes in working hard and creating joy for students. MSS teachers combine the ability to motivate and educate, to develop academic as well as character skills, and to make a college preparatory education relevant both now and for the future. MSS teachers have a growth mindset and participate in rigorous professional development throughout the year, including: Responsive Classroom training, Eureka Math, Wit and Wisdom, Wilson Fundations, collaborative planning sessions, whole and small group school-wide focus professional development, team analysis of performance data and other personalized opportunities for teachers to grow. MSS teachers also have the opportunity to visit other high-performing elementary schools and universities to strengthen their practice as educators.
Responsibilities of Meeting Street Schools teachers will include, but are not limited to:
- Support outstanding academic achievement and student character development
- Create a positive, achievement-oriented and structured learning environment that excites and invests students as they reach their full potential
- Build classroom community and relationships with families, participating in a powerful team that ensures all students make outstanding academic progress
- Support students through direct and small group instruction
- Plans and supervises purposeful support and development for Teaching Fellows and/or teacher assistants
- Creates innovative and common core aligned lesson plans
- Adapts teaching for the benefit of each student and collaborates with other educators for support and ideas
- Assesses student learning on a consistent basis and adjusts instruction to meet individual student needs
- Commits to constant professional and personal growth through reflection, feedback, and collaboration
- Models MSS’ Path to Success skills and supports the development of those skills in students and peers
- Performs all other duties as assigned by supervisor
Skills and Characteristics
- A commitment to the mission of Meeting Street Schools, deep love of content, and an unwavering belief that all students can and will succeed
- Strong instructional and classroom management skills
- High level of personal organization and planning
- Team player: maturity, humility, strong work ethic, follow-through, high EQ, willingness to respond positively to feedback and a “whatever it takes” attitude
- Desire to master content and enthusiasm for subject matter
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to inspire, motivate and engage children
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to kneel, sit, stand for long periods of time
Educational Background and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- Active SC teaching certification, strongly preferred
- Minimum two years of successful experience teaching under-served students
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience, typically salaries are offered at 105% of the district salary schedule. Additionally, Meeting Street Schools offers a comprehensive benefits package. Meeting Street Schools is an equal opportunity employer and an organization that values diversity. People from all diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
At Meeting Street Schools we are committed to building a talented team that reflects the diverse backgrounds and experiences of our students. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.