16 Mar 2020
Teacher Elementary Teacher (K-5)
Rocky Mountain Prep is growing. We are expanding high-quality elementary education throughout the Denver Metro area and we need thoughtful, growth-minded, team-driven teachers to do it. RMP Teachers are a rare bunch: driven to go the extra mile in driving student success, collaborative to the bone, always striving to become a better educator, and fun-loving to the core. We are always on the lookout for how to make Rocky Mountain Prep a better place for our scholars and our families. #onlyatRMP
RMP is committed to hiring teachers representing diverse backgrounds and experiences. We have made it our goal to partner with diverse communities and we know that the better we are at hiring from backgrounds that challenge our own understanding, the better we will be at educating the scholars that need it the most. Diversity means a lot of different things and a Rocky Mountain Prep Teacher is one that embraces what makes them unique and uses that as a guiding force in becoming an excellent educator.
There are many public charter schools and many models. Rocky Mountain Prep prides itself on being different. We balance rigor and love – taking head-on the challenges that make a person academically successful and building the relationships that make them emotionally independent. We teach our scholars through our PEAK values of Perseverance, Excellence, Adventure, and Kindness, and we strive to value our scholars as people, not just as numbers pointing to achievement. Our model has made us one of the most successful networks in Denver – leading our scholars to both academic success, and more importantly, to a love of learning rooted in a joyful school and a tight-knit community.
If you are ready to be an RMP upper elementary teacher, you have been teaching for at least two years and have a history of results. You are inspired to mentor, to lead, and to help your scholars and your team grow. You’re experienced in connecting with kids and getting results. You don’t miss deadlines. You never settle for good enough, and you are adept at getting scholars to follow your lead.
As an upper elementary teacher, you will create an inspiring classroom culture that is infectious. You’ll provide the leadership that our scholars need to be successful. You have a track record of providing high-quality, data-driven instruction and seeking feedback constantly to improve your practice. You wake up every morning excited to work on a team that is passionate, hard-working, and relentless to ensure that every scholar succeeds.
Most importantly, you’ll jump into our vibrant culture: you’ll work hard and play hard, find time to check-in and see how people are doing, go out of your way to help a team member, and work with others to find solutions to challenges. Rocky Mountain Prep was named one of Denver Post’s Top 100 Workplaces for two years in a row, and your friendly, eager spirit will fit right in.
We are changing education in the Denver Metro area, and we’re having a great time doing it. This is a chance for you to be a part of a growing education network dedicated to our scholars, our families, our communities, and each other. This is the start of something great…
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL…
- Set up your Rocky Mountain Prep classroom and meet your scholars for the first time, starting the road to deep bonds.
- Reach out to the families in your class and build relationships that will help each one of them succeed.
- Receive the coaching and professional development you need to launch your math lessons and inspire young mathematicians.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU’LL…
- Experience your first Rocky Mountain Prep Data Day and push yourself and your team to build on your success.
- Attend Happy Hours with the staff, letting off the steam of the school day to enjoy time with your team.
- Receive weekly coaching from an instructional leader, strengthening your practice step by step.
- Work with your team to bolster and challenge instructional practices at Rocky Mountain Prep!
AFTER THE FIRST YEAR, YOU’LL…
- See your scholars over a year as you execute high-quality reading and writing instruction.
- Develop deep bonds with scholars, families, staff, and communities.
- Score a 3 out of 4 on our PEAK Values Rubric by showing Perseverance, Excellence, Adventure, and Kindness constantly.
- Find joy in seeing your scholars moving on up in their educational careers.