School Network Staff English Language Development (ELD) Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Professional Learning & School Programs
Start Date: October 1, 2022
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Salary Range: Starting at $6,250 – $7,666.67 (monthly)
The Colorado Charter School Institute (CSI) is a statewide charter school authorizer whose mission is to foster high-quality public-school choices offered through charter schools, particularly schools that are focused on closing the achievement gap for at-risk students. Governed by a board of nine members appointed by the Governor and Commissioner of Education, CSI currently serves a diverse portfolio of 43 schools across the state of Colorado serving over 20,000 students. CSI is uniquely positioned to serve and promote charter school innovation in communities throughout Colorado and to be a leader in improvements in authorizer practices. CSI aspires to continue growing the quality and quantity of its portfolio of schools in Colorado in response to the need for high quality, innovative charter school options. Our organization is at an extraordinary point of opportunity and is poised to make additional systemic changes that will yield improvements within the portfolio’s overall student achievement.
Please note: Applications will be reviewed as they are received. This position is non-classified and is not subject to appeal rights.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ROLE-SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
- Advance CSI’s mission of increasing access and equity for students across all CSI schools.
- Implement the strategic vision for Emergent Multilingual Learner (EL) programs.
- Provide professional development, program support and monitoring for EL programs at 43 schools.
- Develop training and resource materials
- Provide coaching and consultation regarding best practice for identification and English language development instruction
- Ensure accuracy of October Count EL data submission
- Monitor EL student performance and growth
- Conduct school visits and regional professional development
- Coordinate with the Authorization and Accountability team to
- Maintain the WIDA Assessment Management System
- Develop WIDA Screener and WIDA ACCESS training
- Support interpretation of WIDA ACCESS data by school personnel
- Support Grants Fiscal and Accounting Manager in Title III school level budget development and revisions.
- Assist Director of Professional Learning & School Programs in program support and monitoring of Gifted Education programs at 43 schools (responsibilities to increase to 20% by end of year 1).
- Build school and community partnerships to support school’s service to students.
- Communicate regularly with schools on requirements and supports.
- Participate in the review of charter applications and school operational plans in support of CSI’s role as a school authorizer.
- Provide school performance and operational evaluation for inclusion in the CSI Annual Review of Schools for all managed programs.
- Provide operational support for the Director of Professional Learning & School Programs.
- Collaborate and work within the department and across other CSI departments.
As an employee of the Colorado Charter School Institute (State of Colorado), you will have access to a variety of benefits to include medical, dental and vision insurance, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, flexible scheduling, a work-life balance culture, no-cost life and disability insurance (with additional paid options), Flex Spending and Health Savings Account options, professional development opportunities, wellness offerings, a performance based bonus and membership in Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA).
CSI INCLUSION STATEMENT
CSI recognizes that autonomy and diversity can drive innovation and improved outcomes, both in our schools and in our organization. We are committed to a diverse and culturally inclusive workplace as we believe that differences in perspective and experiences broaden our awareness, enrich our daily experiences, and contribute to our collective strength.
As a charter school authorizer with schools that serve a wide range of communities across the state, we prioritize recruiting a staff that shares the diversity of the students and communities our schools serve. CSI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on gender, race, color, religion or belief, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
At a minimum, we are looking for the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an EL teacher, coach, specialist, or lead teacher
- Strong time-management and interpersonal skills
- Experience developing and implementing professional development for adult learners
- Experience managing multiple ongoing programs or projects with internal and external stakeholders
- Attention to detail, professional written and verbal communication skills, and familiarity with modern workplace software programs and tools
- All final candidates must successfully pass a thorough criminal background check.
Ideal candidates will have some, or all, of the following education, skills, and abilities:
- Bilingual preferred
- Colorado Teacher License with endorsements in Culturally & Linguistically Diverse Education preferred
- Experience working with charter schools in Colorado preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibit strong customer service qualities including professionalism, responsiveness, patience, and a people-first attitude.
- A proven ability to design and facilitate effective trainings to a variety of stakeholders
- A proven ability to proactively improve systems and identify potential internal and external customer issues
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to follow-through on projects
- Experience developing, implementing, and evaluating process documentation and resources for various stakeholders.
- Experience with data analysis and statistics
- Familiarity and experience with state and federal laws associated with emerging multilingual students.
LOCATION & TRAVEL
Some Travel Required. Telecommute Flexibility Offered.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment includes a standard office setting (or standard school setting when applicable). The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive or all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, functions or working conditions associated with the job. This job description is not a contract of employment or a promise or guarantee of any specific terms or conditions of employment. CSI may add to, modify or delete any aspect of this job (or the position itself) at any time as it deems advisable.