Operations Executive Assistant
The Colorado Charter School Institute (CSI) is a statewide charter school authorizer whose mission is to foster high-quality public school choices offered through charter schools, particularly schools that are focused on closing the achievement gap for at-risk students. Governed by a board of nine members appointed by the Governor and Commissioner of Education, CSI currently serves a diverse portfolio of over 39 schools across the state of Colorado serving over 16,000 students. CSI is uniquely positioned to serve and promote charter school innovation in communities throughout Colorado and to be a leader in improvements in authorizer practices. CSI aspires to continue growing the quality and quantity of its portfolio of schools in Colorado in response to the need for high quality, innovative charter school options. Our organization is at an extraordinary point of opportunity and is poised to make additional systemic changes that will yield improvements within the portfolio’s overall student achievement.
REPORTS TO: Executive Director and Data Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ROLE-SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties of this position include the following. Employees in this position perform some or all of the following tasks. Other duties may be assigned.
Administrative Responsibilities (50%)
- Execute all clerical and office management functions for all CSI staff.
- Serve as front line for all school calls, general requests, and interfaces with CSI departmental staff to respond to CSI school questions, requests for information, and problem resolution.
- Provide all scheduling, logistics, clerical and meeting support for the Executive Director, and leadership team as requested, including scheduling for the conference room and conference lines.
- Maintains school, board, and staff contact information via shared drive system for all CSI staff.
- Maintain CSI internal shared drive system including continual monitoring and direction to staff to ensure office wide standardization in use, as well as the tracking of critical CSI and school resources and information.
- Manage the inventory of all office supplies, and technology equipment including purchase of materials upon approval by Director of Finance.
- Process received checks and invoices in coordination with the Grants Fiscal Coordinator as a part of the CSI internal controls procedures.
- Assist with travel coordination and conference registration at the direction of the CSI Leadership Team.
- Schedule meetings with partners and schools for CSI staff as requested.
- Maintain common areas and shared spaces.
Data Submissions Responsibilities (50%)
- Support the Data Submissions Team in the processing of files and generation of error reports and summary reports for state and federal data collections, including all interchanges, snapshots, year‐round, and periodic collections.
- Support school requests to obtain or update information related to student and staff unique identifier numbers (SASIDs and EDIDs)
- Support the Data Manager in the implementation of October Count and general collection audit processes, including review of data systems and provided documentation.
- Track school compliance with submission requirements, including file submission, error clearance, and certification deadlines.
- Support the management and update of school user accounts in CSI’s secure file transfer software and also in the Colorado Department of Education data submissions portal.
- Support the creation and update of data submissions resources, including calendar deadlines and website updates.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced environment meeting deadlines during peak periods.
- Must be able to follow and execute detailed instructions.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated ability to follow-through on projects
- Excellent time management, organizational and prioritization skills.
- A proven ability to design and facilitate effective training’s to a variety of stakeholders.
- A proven ability to proactively improve systems and identify potential internal and external customer issues
- Well-honed interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Familiarity with and willingness to learn about and utilize workplace technology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- 3+ years as an administrative assistant preferably within a non-profit or school environment.
- Demonstrated experience with intermediate Excel features, advanced Excel features preferred
- Demonstrated experience with project management
- Experience managing multiple ongoing programs or projects with internal and external stakeholders
SALARY RANGE: $3,750.00 to $4,583.33 /month
As an employee of the Colorado Charter School Institute ( State of Colorado ), you will have access to a variety of benefits to include medical, dental, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick time, no-cost life and disability insurance (with additional paid options), Flex Spending and Health Savings Account options, and participation in the Colorado Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk; sit; use hands for fine manipulation, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms using a keyboard and video display terminal. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a standard office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
How to ApplyTo apply for this position, please email your resume to CSIEmployment@csi.state.co.us
272 total views, 2 today