Operations Executive Assistant
About UP Education Network
UP Education Network manages and operates six schools in Boston, Lawrence, and Springfield, MA. We serve over 3,000 elementary and middle school students. UP is invited by local school districts to restart chronically underperforming district schools as UP Academies. Each UP Academy shares the same mission: to ensure that students acquire the knowledge, skills, and strength of character necessary to succeed on the path to college and to achieve their full potential.
The Executive Assistant supports the Chief Executive Officer in day-to-day activities, to ensure the CEO can lead the organization to success. Responsibilities include calendar management and scheduling, correspondence on the CEO’s behalf, travel logistics, completion of special projects and reports, and other special events and duties as needed. The Executive Assistant communicates regularly with members of the network leadership team, school leaders, external stakeholders, and Board members. This individual works very closely with the Chief of Staff and reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Manage the CEO’s calendar and travel schedule, arrange meetings and conference calls, and maximize efficiency.
- Prepare presentations and materials for leadership team meetings, Board meetings, staff retreats, and speaking engagements.
- Track and prioritize CEO’s tasks, holding CEO and others accountable for completing tasks and ensuring progress to deadlines.
- Perform general clerical duties, including, but not limited to, photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing, and preparation of expense reimbursements.
- Prepare and distribute meeting agendas and minutes.
- Perform special school-based and network-wide projects and various administrative and other related duties as required and assigned.
- A passionate belief in UP Education Network’s mission, core values (Students, Community, Humility, Resilience, and Humor), and educational model
- An ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and a capacity to remain calm and focused when faced with unexpected challenges
- Very strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
- Previous experience as an Executive Assistant is strongly preferred
- Excellent interpersonal and writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred; and
- Current authorization to work in the United States – A candidate must have such authorization by his or her first day of employment.
Compensation and Benefits
This position falls into UP Education Network’s Coordinator salary band, with salaries beginning at $45,000 and the potential for an annual performance-based bonus. Additionally, UP offers medical insurance coverage that subsidizes the majority of the employee, spouse/domestic partner, and child premiums. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, commuter benefits, professional development, and a 403(b) plan.
We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified. We believe that we have a responsibility to recruit, retain, develop, and reward a diverse and talented staff. Our students must be exposed on a daily basis to a diverse group of powerful role models – in their teachers, their school leaders, and their supporters in the network office. With this in mind, we are committed to recruiting the most talented individuals from the widest possible range of backgrounds to join our creative, mission-driven team.
How to ApplyClick the following link to apply: http://app.jobvite.com/m?32yVijwB
119 total views, 1 today