Operations / Administration San Luis Valley Board of Cooperative Educational Services Executive Director
Announcement of Vacancy
San Luis Valley Board of Cooperative Educational Services
The major job duties and responsibilities are:
- Serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the BOCES
- Directly supervises all administrative staff along with certified special services providers
- Provides leadership to the Board of Directors and Superintendents Advisory Council
- Provides leadership for the development and execution of the policies and directions of the Board of Directors
- Works with the Board of Directors, Superintendents Advisory Council and the staff to develop programs and services to meet the needs of the member districts
- Maintains compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations demonstrating knowledge about and the ability to apply relevant federal and state statutes, regulations, case law and policies that impact all children.
The BOCES Board of Directors is offering an annual salary of $85,000 – $100,000 (negotiable, depending on experience and educational attainment) and a competitive benefit package.
Application Deadline: February 28, 2020
Interviews: March 9th-12th, 2020
Date of Employment: July 1, 2020
- Note: In order to be considered a candidate for this position, all application materials must be received at the San Luis Valley BOCES Office by 4:30 p.m. Mountain Time on the Application Deadline of February 28, 2020. All application materials received after this date WILL NOT be considered.
An application must include:
- A completed and signed application (http://www.slvboces.org/)
- A current professional resume
- Transcripts, placement papers and/or credentials requested by you from college or university placement center (photocopies are acceptable)
- Three recent letters of recommendation (dated within the past two years)
- Answers to the following questions, citing examples of past experiences, no longer than two typewritten pages each:
- Discuss your professional goals and where you expect to be in 5-10 years.
- Describe how you would go about creating partnership among the BOCES member districts to meet the diverse needs of students and staff within the districts.
- Describe your professional educational background and discuss your highest achievements and greatest strengths.
- What are the key components of an effective communication system within the BOCES and between the BOCES and the districts it serves?
How to ApplyTo request application materials please visit the San Luis Valley BOCES Website at (http://www.slvboces.org) or contact:
Staci Turner, Search Committee
San Luis Valley BOCES
2261 Enterprise Dr.
Alamosa, CO 81101