Principal or Vice Principal Head of School
Herron High School is seeking candidates for Head of School. The Head of School serves as the cultural and instructional leader by providing overall leadership to school operations and managing the processes through which teaching is conducted, administered, and evaluated. The Head of School is a member of the Executive Leadership team and reports the Vice President, Academics.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Ensure all teachers are fully trained on school philosophies, methodologies, and systems.
- Develop systems for instructional interventions that contribute to a productive, academic environment.
- Provide both non-evaluative and evaluative data and continuous feedback about teacher performance, consistency, and accountability.
- Establish academic data accountability systems to ensure appropriate and timely supports are implemented for students performing below standard level.
- Ensure appropriate systems are implemented to address the achievement gap for underperforming populations.
- Ensure students and teachers are prepared for all standardized and local testing.
- Supervise discipline, academic advisors, school operations/safety, parent communication, community engagement/enrollment, and budget management of the school.
- Ensure adequate supervision of student activities is implemented on a daily basis.
- Building Administrator License required
- Minimum of 3 years of successful building level administrative experience required
- Experience leading groups and working in teams to achieve academic success
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities
- Experience in a culturally diverse school is preferred.
Herron High School offers a world-class, classical, liberal arts and sciences curriculum in the heart of Indianapolis. In its 15th year, Herron High School, is an award-winning, intentionally-diverse, public charter school of 950 students. Herron High School was founded on the belief that a classical, liberal arts education is the best preparation for a future life of leadership and service.