Operations / Administration Health & Safety and Front Desk Manager
Aspen Academy has an amazing position available for a Health & Safety and Front Desk Manager. If you are passionate about health and safety in our schools, thrive working with elementary students, and smart, efficient strategic systems make you happy, we want to meet you.
We live and model the community’s values in thought, word and deed to students, colleagues and parents and the larger community. We are palpably committed to, supportive and co-leaders in the achievement of Aspen Academy’s vision and mission.
- Our values: Be Kind. Do Good. Work Hard. Make the World Better.
- Our mission: We edify and inspire students and educators to grow, learn and lead.
- Our vision: We are a national leader in innovative and transformative education.
If not for life, then what are we learning for? At Aspen Academy, we look at learning as a way to ignite the personal passions and interests of each and every student. Our academics, partnered with a focused leadership development sequence, prepare students for life. Students thrive as they build lasting relationships with peers and teachers through small class sizes and a community focus.
Diversity and inclusion are core to Aspen Academy. We are passionate about building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive working and learning environment. Every member on our team enriches our community by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world. We don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and thrive because of it. Aspen Academy is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and promotes affirmative action. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and military and veteran status.
If this inspires you, please apply to join our team.
Summary of Responsibilities
Health and Safety:
- Manage and execute the school’s health and safety program.
- Manage safety program – Standard Response Protocol. Oversee all emergency drills (Fire, Tornado, etc.) and manage all Emergency Plan positions and functions.
- Act as primary liaison to the City of Greenwood Village Resource Police Officer.
- Keep all Emergency Management plans up to date and appropriate.
- Act as secondary contact for emergency personnel and city officials when dealing with issues related to the facility, health, or safety of the students, families, staff, administration, and general guests.
- Manage the WAMS security system.
- Maintain emergency contact folder, Allergy and Medication Plan, ensure compliance.
- Supervise daily attendance, late attendance & early dismissals.
- Provide first aid support and sick student management.
- Schedule the School’s nurse for oversight visits and implement changes as needed.
- Oversee the visitor log and accident log.
- Execute Health and Safety walk-throughs, audits, student incident reviews, and plan Safety Month.
- Development, presentation, training and management of the Health and Safety Program and Portfolio, including scheduling health trainings for CPR, First Aid, Medication Administration, etc.
- Manage and oversee student and staff health profile repository (e.g. Schooldoc), ensuring confidentiality and HIPPA compliance.
- Proactively and reactively learn, manage and maintain CDC and health official protocols to help reduce the spread of COVID-19 of enrolled students and staff.
- Manage related projects as assigned.
- Oversee Health and Safety / Covid Coordinator.
- Supervise the front desk, lobby and staff work areas ensuring a welcoming, safe, clean and professional experience for our community.
- Supervise the maintenance of school master record keeping system.
- Supervise school purchasing, budget, inventory and internal controls of office and supplies, medical and health supplies, and equipment for all staff and departments.
- Passionate regarding the safety of children.
- Excellent and confident oral and written communication.
- Ability to multitask under pressure and within deadlines.
- Proficient use of computer, Microsoft Office, Google and internet search engines.
- Demonstrate a relentless drive to improve both in and out of school.
- Proven working experience in project management.
- Model and reinforce the school’s core values, guiding philosophy, rules, and school spirit consistently throughout the school environment and support and hold accountable colleagues in doing the same.
- Grant permission for a criminal background check upon hire.
- Meet physical demands to perform essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions: Ability to work full-time, including some evenings and weekends; work in person/in the school building. Regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Ability to be agile, to swiftly and safely physically respond to an emergency situation. Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds; occasionally life up to 75 pounds.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Strongly preferred: 3 years in a front facing, customer service position.
- Preferred, but not required: school/teaching/coaching experience, CAN/nursing/healthcare experience.
- Previous or current CPR, First Aid, and Medication Administration Training. Certification will be provided as needed.
- Familiarity with Student Information and database systems (e.g. Senior Systems) preferred.
Aspen Academy offers an excellent compensation package including health, dental, 403(b) with matching and more; wide-ranging opportunities for professional development; and a talented and dedicated staff of teaching professionals and supportive administrators.
Salary Range: Starting $40,000 to $60,000 (based on education & experience)