This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
20 Sep 2017
Teacher High School Biology Teacher
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and deliver engaging, rigorous lessons aligned to scholars’ needs and network curriculum, where applicable.
- Plan and teach approximately six periods per day, as directed by the School Director.
- Maintain a positive, safe and organized learning environment.
- Analyze student assessment data and use it to determine next steps.
- Update gradebooks on a weekly basis.
- Communicate regularly and often with families (by phone and/or home visits) to both solicit their input and share student social and academic progress.
- Implement school-wide student management policies within the classroom and on campus.
- Actively participate in all teams, including grade-level, content and other teams as designated by SMART Academy leadership.
- Provide fair, accurate, and constructive feedback to students on their progress.
- Chaperone local and out-of-state field lessons and college campus visits.
- Provide supervision of scholars during before and after school activities (arrival, dismissal, breakfast lunch).
- Complete and submit all necessary paperwork in a professional and timely manner.
- Collaborate with other science teachers, school leaders, curricular specialists and the special education team to ensure that instruction is always meeting the needs of all learners.
- Use network-aligned unit and interim assessments to track student growth.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Our Aspiring Teachers:
- Consciously choose to teach and transform the lives of high school scholars everyday.
- Proudly hold a Bachelor of Arts or Science degree and able to submit proof of Qualified Teacher status (teacher’s license not required) within six weeks of hire through one of the following channels outlined by the Colorado Department of Education:
- A valid Colorado Teacher License in the applicable endorsement area;
- Sufficient college coursework (or degree in content area);
- Passing score for the applicable Praxis ii or Colorado PLACE exam.
- Read more about the available pathways to becoming a Qualified Science Teacher.
- Understand, appreciate and can pull from experience teaching in an urban setting (strongly preferred).
- Speak Spanish or have experience working with bilingual students (strongly preferred).
- Believe in and are committed to the mission and core values of STRIVE Prep – SMART Academy including the mindset that every scholar can and will achieve.
- Commit to constant growth and reflection as educators and professionals through regular coaching and professional development.
- Dedicate themselves to the educational success of all students, not some students.
- Bring enthusiasm, professionalism and positivity to their classrooms and our adult community.
- Assume the best in others, have a collaborative mindset and ability to work on a team, and are willing to have courageous conversations in order to do what is best for students.
- Work hard and approach challenges as opportunities for improvement.
- Set high expectations for themselves and others and a willingness to hold themselves and others to those expectations.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Maintain emotional control under stress.
- Manage demanding workloads and balance multiple tasks and initiatives at once.
- Perform a variety of tasks, often changing assignments on short notice, with little to no direction.
- Attentive to details, self-directed, problem solver, initiator and creative thinker.
What we Offer our Teachers:
- Ongoing coaching and professional development.
- 120 minutes of structured planning time built into the school day to plan the highest quality lessons.
- A laptop and access to classrooms equipped with Smartboards and document cameras.
- Competitive compensation package and annual cost of living performance based raises.
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Funding of 100% of individual medical benefits and a wide range of insurance plans.
How to ApplyTo apply please send resume and cover letter to Rachel Medlock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
158 total views, 1 today