16 Mar 2023
Teacher High School English Language Arts Teacher
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2021 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values of achievement, justice, & perseverance every day and are committed to growing as an anti-racist educator.
The salary for this position is 50,000 TO 69,000 based on years of teaching in K12 and level of education.
SUMMARY of ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Lead engaging, data-driven instruction in ELA.
- Teach daily student interventions, providing individualized instruction based on student needs.
- Analyze student data and use it to provide student feedback and set goals
- Collaborate with other teachers, school leaders, curriculum directors, and the special education team to ensure that instruction meets the needs of each learner.
- Lead a student advisory at the beginning and end of each school day, and serve as the main point of contact and advocate for students in an advisory of approximately 15 students.
- Own the success and achievement of all scholars in the school.
- Establish systems and routines in order to create a safe, purposeful, and welcoming classroom environment focused on learning.
- Communicate regularly with families to both solicit their input and share student social and academic progress.
- Provide supervision of students before and after school activities (arrival, dismissal, breakfast, lunch, and break).
- Participate in family and community events, including twice annual parent conferences and at least one student enrollment event or activity.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff and grade-level meetings.
- Participate in regular instructional coaching meetings and content-based department meetings.
- Participate in STRIVE Prep’s Summer Training Institute as well as professional development throughout the school year.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree
- Achieve Qualified Teacher status (teacher’s license not required) within six weeks of starting through one of the approved channels outlined by the Colorado Department of Education
- Speaks Spanish 2+ years of teaching experience
- Knowledgeable about ELA instruction through a culturally responsive and critical pedagogical framework
- Demonstrated success working with scholars from historically marginalized communities
- Master’s in English or 18 credit hours at the Master’s level
Benefits – TOTAL REWARDS
- Employee retention is a top priority at STRIVE Prep. Therefore we offer competitive compensation and benefits including the following:
- Excellent Healthcare Plan: 100% of employee-only monthly premium paid by STRIVE Prep.
- Time Off To Refresh: Industry high 6+ weeks of annual vacation/PTO. Hard work is rewarded with ample time to refresh.
- Based on the hire date, employees are eligible for up to 8 days of PTO
- All employees receive 2 floating religious holidays
- All employees receive summer vacation based on work location and position
- Community: Opportunity to work with passionate, mission-driven colleagues who are invested in your personal and professional growth. Join one of our Affinity Groups to build connections with staff across the network who share common identities.
- Career Support: Access to our Talent Team to support the internal movement. We want you to grow your career at STRIVE!
- Family & Well-Being Focus: Parental and medical leave of 6 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid for a total of 12 weeks.
- Mental Health Assistance: We value the wellness of our students and staff. That’s why we offer access to mental health support through our Employee Assistance Program with Optum.
- Resources and Development For Success: Equipment provided: laptop, Weekly coaching sessions
- Retirement Planning: Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k option.
- For more information, you can view our compensation and benefits FAQ here.
For most of our positions, we hire on a rolling basis. Therefore, we recommend that you submit your application as soon as you are able. Most processes include a 30-minute phone interview with a member of our Talent Team, then a 1-2 hour final interview over Zoom unless otherwise noted by your interviewer. You can read more about our process as well as get tips on preparing for an interview here!
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.