Research and Policy Prospects and Grants Manager
About the Prospects and Grants Manager Role:
STRIVE Prep is committed to having schools that are sustainable on the public dollar at full build out. That said, each year, we provide key priorities and innovative programs with additional funding and support in order to ensure each of our students receives what he or she needs (equity), rather than simply making sure each student has the same thing (equality) and that they are served with dignity.
STRIVE Prep is looking for a highly motivated Prospects and Grants Manager, who will be responsible for identifying, engaging, and sustaining organizational philanthropic investment opportunities that align with, and support, the STRIVE Prep mission and network funding priorities. This position will focus heavily on corporate and foundation prospect research, developing and managing appealing grant and sponsorship proposals, and monitoring stewardship and data tracking that will help move first time donors/prospects into becoming strong STRIVE Prep supporters at the major gift level. The right candidate will thrive in uncovering new leads with organizational partners, and enjoy detailing how their community investment supports students in classrooms – making them believers in our organization and the potential of our scholars.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Our Prospects and Grants Manager will be a key player in building a pipeline of private foundation and corporate support that will help to advance and sustain the mission of STRIVE Prep. Essential duties include:
- Identify and pursue new foundation and corporate funding opportunities that align with the mission and funding priorities of STRIVE Prep.
- Manage and develop proposals for all private foundation grant proposal opportunities, with strong collaboration from the Chief External Affairs Officer and Senior Director of Development.
- Maintain ongoing communications and reporting for current grant projects
- Create and manage appealing sponsorship opportunities for new corporate prospects
- Implement and track strategic moves management processes for corporate and foundation partners, through our Bloomerang CRM.
Our Aspiring Prospects and Grants Manager :
- Consciously chooses to lead and transform the lives of scholars in Denver.
- Proudly holds a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (required).
- Brings experience of at least 3 years in grant writing, proposal development, and donor database tracking
- Previous experience in or demonstrated understanding of educational issues and the Denver landscape (preferred)
- Experience in prospect research and identification (preferred)
- Possesses superior writing skills with high attention to detail.
- Drives towards results using project management, organizational, and relationship building skills.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills and professionalism with a variety of stakeholders.
- Commits to constant growth and reflection through regular coaching and professional development.
- Sets high expectations for oneself and others and a willingness to hold oneself and others to those expectations.
- Assumes the best in others and is willing to have courageous conversations in order to do what is best for the team.
- Works hard and approaches challenges as opportunities for improvement.
- Excels at multitasking, prioritizing, and has a keen eye for details.
What we Offer our Network Staff:
- Ongoing coaching and professional development.
- Competitive compensation package and annual cost of living performance-based raises.
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program including a PERA 401k contribution option.
- Funding of 100% of individual medical benefits and a wide range of insurance plans.
How to ApplyTo apply click here!
106 total views, 1 today