Instructional Support Instructional Coach
Are you looking for a position where you can build your leadership skills while supporting other educators? Are you wanting to explore a path that leads to education administration and school leadership? Do you enjoy working in an environment that values relationships and providing supports to help all students grow and achieve? This position is for you! Please apply to our lovely little school of 192 students and 17 certified staff at South Valley Middle School to be our next Instructional Coach.
INSTRUCTIONAL COACH for South Valley Middle School in Platteville, CO
- Colorado Teaching License.
- Minimum of three years of successful teaching experience at elementary, middle school, or high school levels.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience implementing:
- Standards and assessments.
- Curriculum and research based instructional practices.
- Data driven decision making.
- Knowledge of and experience working with adult learners, including effective communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
Goals of Position:
- To provide job embedded professional learning to enhance classroom instructional practices and raise the level of student learning and achievement.
Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment: With guidance and assistance from the building principal assists other staff members to:
- Utilize district approved curricula, assessments, programs, practices, and materials aligned with Colorado Academic Standards.
- Apply research-based best practices and instructional strategies to support student learning.
- Review, implement, and monitor course curriculum map, that includes the scope and sequence.
- Create an environment that promotes instruction and learning.
Instructional Coaching: The Instructional Coach assists staff to grow professionally in a non-evaluative relationship with the goal of learning together to improve instruction and student achievement.
- Provide coaching assistance through co-teaching, modeling, and peer observations.
- Observe instruction regularly by creating and following a classroom observation schedule.
- Provide specific feedback in a timely manner that is addressing the needs of the individual educator.
- Assist the building principal with the planning and delivery of building-level professional development related to the school’s improvement plan.
Professional Responsibilities: The Instructional Coach exhibits a commitment to education as a profession, the district and school’s vision, mission, goals and values.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior.
- Adheres to, and follows Board policies.
- Participate in professional growth opportunities and encourages others to do likewise.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal relationships with students, peers, administrators, parents, and community members.
- Fulfill professional responsibilities outside of the classroom setting (i.e. act as school assessment coordinator, serves on district-level committees, assists with the District Induction Program, etc…)
- Gather and provide staff with data relevant to common, benchmark, and state assessments.
- Assist staff with analysis and interpretation of data in order to design effective instruction, monitor student achievement, and utilize interventions.
- Schedule and facilitate data meetings by creating necessary documentation such as agendas, minutes, tracking sheets, etc.
- Facilitate data feedback and reflection meetings by focusing on mastery of standards and instructional practices.