Teacher Kindergarten-5th Grade Teaching Positions at Progressive Charter School 2018-2019
About Community Roots:
Community Roots Charter School is a rigorous learning community where learning is embedded in meaningful real world context, where children are deliberately taught to see the connections between school and the world. CRCS students will meet or exceed the Common Core standards and be prepared to excel in the 21st century by being taught to be independent thinkers and to work productively within a diverse group of learners. At CRCS students will learn to combine curiosity with appropriate application, which will lead to deep understanding and the confidence to take on challenges to become who they want to be.
Currently, Community Roots has 460 students in grades K-8. Our first 8th grade class graduated in June 2015. Please visit our website for more information about our school: www.communityroots.org.
Community Roots is hiring:
K-5 teachers for co-taught classrooms. Community Roots offers Integrated Co-Taught (ICT) classes for grades K-5th. Candidates with Special Education certification are encouraged to apply.
Community Roots Charter School seeks individuals who:
- Believe in and are capable of high levels of collaboration and communication
- Believe that communicating and building relationships with children’s families is essential
- See themselves as active learners committed to ongoing professional development
- Believe that all children have the right to an exceptional education
- Understand that children learn in different ways
- Are committed to ensure that every child will succeed
- Are capable of building a safe, nurturing, supportive and high achieving school culture
- Believe that a combination of creativity and research generates engaging curriculum
- Believe that working and educating children in a diverse environment is essential
- Enjoy their work
- Demonstrated success in teaching
- Belief in CRCS mission and philosophy
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize student achievement while creating a nurturing and encouraging school environment
- Hold or are working towards New York State Certification
- Preference for dual certification in Teaching Students with Disabilities (Special Education) and a content area
How to ApplyPlease visit www.communityroots.org/jobs to apply.
242 total views, 2 today