Teacher Kindergarten Teacher
Job Title: Kindergarten Teacher, 2019-2020 school year
Location: Carbondale Community School, Carbondale, Colorado
Carbondale Community School is a district charter school managed by Compass for Lifelong Discovery.
With 135 students, Carbondale Community School (CCS) provides a balanced, integrated educational experience that encourages inquisitive, independent and self-motivated learners and incorporates strong academic skills woven into project-based learning opportunities. Our curriculum is achieved within the context of community, service, social-emotional development, outdoor education, and the visual and performing arts.
At CCS, our highly qualified staff work in tandem with families and our community to maintain a healthy social, emotional, and physical environment with high educational standards and a focus on the four guiding points of our school’s compass:
- Social Justice: Teaching and modeling social responsibility, respect, tolerance, diversity, service, caring, compassion, integrity, equity and peace.
- Community: Building a strong sense of community through parental, student, teacher and community involvement and volunteerism.
- Responsibility: Embracing individuality, personal responsibility and accountability.
- Lifelong Learning: Pursuing a progressive, child-centered approach to creative, self-directed, lifelong learning.
The children are why we are here. The work we do is to make the world a better place, for and with the children.
- Current Colorado Teaching License with Elementary endorsement
- Experience teaching in a Kindergarten classroom
- Committed to facilitating high quality, multi-age learning experiences independently, with colleagues, and with community partners
- Proficient at creating a positive, cooperative classroom culture through high expectations, consistent routines, and a focus on restorative practices, social-emotional development, and service leadership
- Accomplished at planning and delivering engaging, research-based literacy and math instruction
- Expert at integrating academic standards and arts into play-based and project-based units of learning
- Adaptable and capable of implementing research-based interventions in response to individual needs
- Skilled at using frequent formal and informal assessment, delivering timely growth-minded written and verbal feedback, analyzing data, and adjusting instruction to achieve exceptional results
- Experience planning and leading outdoor education trips throughout the year, that include camping, hiking, snowshoeing, or skiing. First Aid and CPR certified.
- Strong desire to be a part of high functioning, positive, and student-focused team
- Excellent organization, communication and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to lead innovative improvement efforts and to grow professionally and personally
- Bilingual (Spanish and English)
- Certified to drive a Type A School Bus (Mini-Bus)
Submit resume and cover letter to: Sam Richings-Germain, Principal email@example.com
Position open until filled.
Compensation is based on experience $34,000- $62,000.
**CCS staff are employed by Compass for Lifelong Discovery. Compensation is based on experience.
***Do not use the online application for this position.