Teacher Kindergarten Teacher
Position Title: Kindergarten Teacher
Individual is responsible for creating and supporting a developmentally appropriate classroom instruction as well as positive interaction with students in the kindergarten program. Develops and promotes good community relationships with parents, community and school personnel.
- Implement and assist with instruction and specialized interventions for kindergarten students in individual small and large group settings following lesson plans.
- Prepare materials and classroom for lessons and maintain classroom and supply cleanliness and order including disinfecting and sterilizing common areas and equipment.
- Assists with all areas of physical needs for all students, including performing daily routines, toileting, specialized dietary requirements and medical needs as delegated by the School Nurse.
- Meets regularly with staff from other grade levels to ensure continuity within and across grade levels to support the programming and progress for all students.
- Assist in maintaining checklist of skills attained and individual portfolios of work.
- Participates in ongoing staff development and training
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
MINIMUM EDUCATION OR FORMAL TRAINING:
- Degree in Elementary Education or Colorado Alternative Certification with completion of Colorado Praxis
- Preferred experience in Kindergarten and/or primary grades
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with special needs children.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
GENERAL EXPECTATIONS INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Demonstrates flexibility
- Demonstrates the ability to work cooperatively with supervisors and co-workers
- Demonstrates the ability to understand and follow complex instructions
- Demonstrates the ability to perform responsibilities without close supervision
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively communicate with the school and school District community as well as the public at large
- Demonstrates the ability to meet attendance standards and work the hours necessary to perform the essential functions of the job
- Demonstrates a generally positive attitude
- Observes and follows all School and District policies and procedures
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATION:
- Certification as a Child Development Associate (CDA) preferred
- First aid, CPR and Medication certificate
- Criminal background check required for hire.
ESSENTIAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Creates a safe, clean, organized instructional classroom
- Creates a developmentally appropriate classroom for all students
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Frequent lifting twenty (20) to thirty (30) pounds
- Occasional lifting to fifty (50) pounds
- Frequent bending, stooping, walking, standing, kneeling, crawling, squatting and reaching.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Tina Ozee, Interim Director
Georgetown Community School
P.O. Box 129
Georgetown, CO 80444
Salary based on previous experience
How to ApplyEmail resume to email@example.com
289 total views, 2 today