Teacher KIPP Memphis 2022-23 Licensed Secondary Math Teachers $13,000 Signing Bonus!
KIPP Memphis Public Schools is part of KIPP (Knowledge Is Power Program), a national network of tuition-free, open-enrollment, public schools that are successful in helping students from educationally underserved communities develop the knowledge, skills, character, and habits needed to succeed in college and the competitive world beyond. There are currently 270 KIPP schools across the nation serving nearly 100,000 students. Founded in 2002, KIPP Memphis serves over 1,800 K-12 students in our four North Memphis schools and almost 900 alumni on their journeys to-and-through college with our KIPP Forward Program.
As a leader in providing high quality education for students who need us most, the KIPP Memphis team and family serves as a model of excellence and collaborates with other community organizations to raise the overall quality of education in Memphis. The mission of KIPP Memphis is to create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose – college, career, and beyond – so they can lead fulfilling lives and build a more just world.
- *$13,000 Signing Bonus*
- Secondary Math (Grades 6-12)
Reporting to the Principal, KIPP teachers are responsible for delivering effective, high-quality, rigorous instruction in their content areas that produce unmatched results and student understanding. Teachers are also responsible for promoting a college-preparatory culture that assists our students on their journey to and through college. Teachers will perform additional duties, as necessary, to ensure that all KIPP students will learn and contribute to the school’s overall community. Whatever it takes. No excuses.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plan a program of study and unit/weekly/daily lessons that, aligned with the school’s science curriculum and that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students
- Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
- Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with best practices, specific content knowledge, and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved
- Implement, by instruction and action, the region’s philosophy of education, curriculum, and instructional goals and objectives
- Utilize diagnostic assessment tools to identify learning strengths and needs of every student, on a regular basis, for the purpose of intervention and/or acceleration toward academic and leadership standards
- Take necessary and reasonable precautions to assure safety in the classroom and the school for all students
- Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations
- Assist the administrative team in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct
- Make provisions for being available to the students and to the parents for education-related purposes outside of the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms
- Provide time in the evening, by phone, for questions and concerns that students and/or parents may have regarding education-related issues that could not be handled during the school day
- Maintain professional relationships with colleagues
- Actively engage in all professional development opportunities
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Active Tennessee state licensure and certification
- Commitment to working with educationally underserved students
- Commitment to the design and development of the school
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of teaching experience
- Master’s in Education / Teaching / Content area
- Experience/strength in content area/Highly Qualified status
- Experience teaching in an urban school and/or charter network
*$13,000 Signing Bonus*
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience, degree attainment, and credentials. A competitive benefits package will also be offered.
- Prolonged periods standing and actively monitoring student behavior while teaching
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times
- Must be able to traverse classroom and adjust height, by bending or leaning, in order to teach each child
- Must be able to facilitate classroom transitions by walking through hallways and up and down stairs with students
KIPP Memphis is committed to a policy of equal treatment for all individuals applying to the school. KIPP Memphis does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, handicap, age, religion, sexual orientation, or national or ethnic origin.
All application information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.