Teacher Lead Teacher
Phipps Neighborhoods is a 41-year-old multi-service nonprofit providing a comprehensive network of educational and work-readiness programs, as well as critical community resources to more than 10,000 children, teens and adults each year in targeted communities across the Bronx and Manhattan. These programs include: Universal Pre-Kindergarten, after-school, summer camp, literacy and ESOL, HSED, college prep, work readiness, resident supports, family programs and more.
The Lead Classroom teacher is responsible for delivering sound instruction and overseeing all aspects of classroom culture for group 4 year old Universal Prekindergarten students. The Lead Teacher will provide children with a learning environment that prepares them to develop socially, intellectually, physically and emotionally in a manner appropriate to their age and stage of development. Additionally, the teacher will differentiate instruction for a variety of learners and ensure the proper implementation of services to children with special needs in the class.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop lesson plans based on the New York City Department of Education Common Core curriculum framework.
- Lead classroom activities. Supervising the planning and execution of a program that provides quality learning experiences for children.
- Write reports and communicate with parents about children’s progress
- Present curriculum and policy-related information at parent meetings
- Supervise assistant teachers, substitute teachers and volunteers
- Create classroom materials
- Maintain class records and student files
- Input and analyze student data using a variety of agency and curricular platforms
- Maintain class portfolio per National Association for the Education of Young Children requirements
- Ensure appropriate classroom special arrangements.
- Modify the classroom to respond to individual children’s needs.
- Supervise all children’s indoor and outdoor activities while incorporating positive guidance.
- Plan the use of community resources to enrich the educational content of the program.
- Implement sound classroom activities and educational practices appropriate to the age and development of children in order to prepare for positive learning experiences.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with parents and families of children served.
- Maintain strong relationships with colleagues and administrators.
- Develop a system for quality observations and assessments of children and programming.
- Develop and enhance a program of sound educational goals.
- Valid NYSED certification in Early Childhood Education
- 3 year’s Early Child hood classroom experience
- Experience using Creative Curriculum
- Experience using ESI screening
- DOE/DOI Fingerprint Clearance
- SCR clearance
- Child Abuse and Maltreatment certificate (taken every 2 years online)
- Infectious Disease Certificate
- Food Handlers Certificate
How to ApplyInterested Candidates should go to www.phippsny.org/about/careers and apply for the position. Please be sure to upload a current resume and cover letter for consideration.
35 total views, 1 today