This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
7 Apr 2019
Teacher Lead Teacher – DAA & DP (K-7)
We are looking for extraordinary leaders and learners to join our team who:
- Teach to give students a strong foundation of academic excellence,
- Foster the social-emotional and character development of young learners,
- Build a love of learning in all students,
- Engage families as partners in our students’ education,
- Commit to constant learning, reflection, and improvement of their own practice,
- Bring their passions, personalities, humor, and joy to school every day,
- Thrive in a start-up environment, and
- Are committed to equity and the belief that all children in Detroit can reach their full potential.
A Lead Teacher at Detroit Achievement Academy (DAA) and Detroit Prep (DP) is responsible for the educational and social-emotional outcomes for each student in his or her crew. Lead Teachers embrace their work with students, families, colleagues, and school leaders toward achieving our collective mission and goals. A Lead Teacher is responsible for teaching all core academic disciplines including language arts, social studies, science and mathematics. Lead Teachers report to the Principal/Head of School.
Competitive salary based on experience and track record of success with students.