Operations / Administration Manager GreatPhillySchools
The Manager, GreatPhillySchools reports to the Senior Director of Access Initatives. He/she is responsible for the project management and oversight of all GPS resources and initiatives, including the GPS website and the annual Philly High School Fair. This role will supervise the Coordinator, Projects – Access Initiatives and work closely with the Coordinator, Family Support – Access Initiatives, the APC team and the Data and Analytics team.
Background: GreatPhillySchools (GPS) is a Philadelphia School Partnership (PSP) initiative to equip families with the information and tools they need to navigate school selection in Philadelphia. Launched in 2012, GPS consists of a website, school-directory publications and a variety of outreach resources and tools providing information on more than 800 schools and early-childhood learning centers located in the city.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the strategy and implementation of the GreatPhillySchools initiative, including setting goals, benchmarks and priorities to sustain and increase reach and usage of GPS resources and school selection information.
- Develop and implement annual project plan for the ongoing oversight and management of the GPS website and related content and production of resources.
- Directly manage the Coordinator, Projects – Access Initiatives in support of all GPS projects and initiatives.
- Manage multiple vendors and consultants on various aspects of the initiative, including data management, web development, content and marketing.
- Manage the GPS technical vendor for all support and enhancement work on the GPS website.
- Make content updates to the GPS WordPress site.
- Manage and update GPS Salesforce instance.
- Plan for and execute large public events, including the citywide High School Fair.
- Plan for and execute the virtual component of the High School Fair.
Data Collection and Ratings Production
- Ensure data quality and timely updates from schools of all types (district, charter, private) in collaboration with the Coordinator, Projects – Access Initiatives and the Data and Analytics unit.
- Responsible for the production of the annual GPS ratings, including their communication to schools and stakeholders.
- Develop and leverage partnerships with key school stakeholders, like guidance counselors, teachers and school leaders, key local officials, community leaders and civic/educational institutions.
- Serve as primary point of contact for GPS for sector leaders, e.g. SDP enrollment, Archdiocese enrollment, Charter School’s Office and CMO and Charter leaders.
- Serve as secondary point of contact for K-12 schools and early childhood providers for all GPS information and resources.
Content and Resource Production; Marketing
- Plan for and execute the annual updates to and production of the K-12 school guides and toolkits and early childhood toolkit.
- Oversee the creation and updating of website content articles by the Coordinator, Projects – Access Initiatives.
- Lead the development of outreach and marketing campaigns to reach 100,000 annual visitors to the GPS website in collaboration with the GPS team.
- Work with communications staff on paid GPS marketing campaigns and ad placements.
- Oversee and collaborate with the Coordinator, Family Support – Access Initiatives on family outreach and promotion of GPS resources.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Deep commitment to the mission and vision of PSP and how to provide leadership in achieving educational equity for all children in Philadelphia
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both oral and written, and a passion to develop relationships with stakeholders
- Ability to build strong relationships across diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders
- Superb project management and problem-solving skills with the ability to translate data insights into actionable solutions
- Proficiency in WordPress, strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with database management, CRM database(s)/Salesforce, content management, and/or website development, strongly preferred; Prior experience managing and leading a team.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Philadelphia education landscape a plus
- Experience managing multiple vendors. Experience managing a technical vendor preferred.
- Experience developing and leading projects that involve multiple stakeholders, with confidence working under pressure of deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work as part of a team
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of five years of professional experience required
- Prior work experience in education a plus, but not required
Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required such as:
- Traveling to offsite meetings – valid driver’s license and/or access to transportation when necessary
- Functioning in office space — reaching file cabinets, filing, faxing, scanning, coping, typing, mailing, making phone calls
- Must be able to sit for up to two hours looking at a computer monitor, using a keyboard/mouse and typing
PSP is an equal-opportunity employer with excellent benefits and an entrepreneurial, results-oriented work culture. Salary is commensurate with experience.