Instructional Support Manager of Educational Parterships-NY
Manager of Educational Partnerships – New York
Center for the Collaborative Classroom is seeking a New York Manager of Educational Partnerships (MEP) to support our overall sales growth, market penetration, and implementation goals in the state of New York. The ideal candidate is an experienced New York educator who brings strong literacy expertise and a commitment to both our pedagogy and expanding Collaborative Classroom’s growth. Reporting to the Regional Director, you will be responsible for developing a sales strategy that will enable you to meet an annual revenue goal for your assigned territory.
Who We Are:
Founded in 1980, the Center for the Collaborative Classroom is a mission-driven, nonprofit organization committed to ensuring that all students have the opportunity to become highly literate critical thinkers who learn from, care for, and respect one another. Our research-based curricula help children appreciate the ideas and opinions of others, learn to agree and disagree respectfully, and think critically about big ideas. Our work currently impacts 40 thousand classrooms, 328 thousand teachers, and 8 million students daily across the country, raising student grades and test scores, while building relationships and bolstering student and teacher engagement.
Internally, our culture reflects our philosophy in the classrooms by creating a work environment that values teamwork, collaboration, and respect for all differences that each individual brings to our organization.
What You’ll Do:
The New York MEP will be part of a dynamic relationship-building sales team focused on making an impact in school districts across the country increasing the number of Collaborative Classroom implementations within the state of New York by:
- Developing and nurturing relationships with New York school districts to meet or exceed assigned revenue goals.
- Researching and understanding local district funding and initiatives, aligning Collaborative Classroom programs to support those needs, and assist schools and districts with quotes, purchase orders, professional learning plans and pilots.
- Collaborating to organize online sales campaigns, planning and facilitating presale events at a territory, regional, and national level.
- Partnering with current customers on implementation, professional learning support, and expanding Collaborative Classroom programs within the district.
Who You Are & Keys to Success:
To be successful in this job, you will excel in four key areas:
- Relationship-building: You develop and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with a diverse network of stakeholders. You have excellent interpersonal skills and experience interacting with educators and key decision-makers.
- Networking: You are well connected with New York educators and leaders and pay close attention to the educational influences within the state to understand the importance of making those connections.
- Drive to achieve results: You are a self-starter and are goal-driven. You have a track record of accomplishing ambitious goals and getting results even when there are obstacles. You set a high bar and meet it because you think three (or 30) steps ahead to anticipate hurdles and come up with pragmatic solutions. You plan backwards and involve stakeholders appropriately.
- Commitment to equity and inclusion: You understand the importance of and prioritize the role of addressing systemic inequities in internal and external interactions and are committed to contributing to a culture that fosters equitable processes, practices, and experiences.
Additional requirements include:
- Must reside in New York
- 5 years of experience in K-12 teaching, coaching, and/or administration
- Basic relationship-sales knowledge with ability to influence decision makers
- Knowledge of K–8 pedagogy and best practices in literacy instruction
- Ability to travel throughout the assigned territory and occasionally nationally
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Data savvy and able to prioritize, plan and execute sales strategies in assigned territory and in a fast-paced work environment
- Technology Skills: Facility with Google Suite, Mac OS and shared filing systems; Salesforce (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Teaching Credential (preferred)
- Administrative Credential (preferred)
- Master’s/Doctorate (preferred)
- Lift at least 25 pounds
- Car available
What Else You Should Know:
This is a full-time position working remotely in New York. Salary will be commensurate with experience. The benefits package provides a rich, comprehensive program that includes: Paid time off (sick, vacation, 10 holidays, disability), Healthcare (medical, dental, vision), disability, life insurance, and 403b retirement plan.
Center for the Collaborative Classroom is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to racial equity and social justice. We believe that each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and in our work environment and are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through our inclusive programs.