School Network Staff Manager of Human Resources
Position: Manager of Human Resources
Reports to: Director of Human Resources
Location: STRIVE Prep- Central Office (Denver, CO)
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000*
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2020 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
Do you want to leverage your Human Resources expertise to help create a culture and work environment where STRIVE Prep’s K-12 educators and staff can bring their full selves to work and be unleashed to enable breakthrough results for students?
CONTEXT & OVERVIEW OF ROLE
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of K-12 public charter schools that challenges every student to discover and develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. The Manager of Human Resources will join STRIVE Prep’s Talent Team at an exciting time of transformation where we are: 1. Evolving our internal and network-wide culture with a diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) focus; and 2. Redefining our HR service model to provide more site-based support and relationship building, which are both key to achieving our talent strategy to be the best place for diverse top talent to work in education in Denver. The successful candidate will manage their portfolio of campuses throughout the employee life cycle including but not limited to: onboarding, benefits enrollment, employee relations, performance management, workers’ compensation, leaves of absence, compliance, and offboarding. In so doing, we will create a best-in-class culture and work environment that unleashes breakthrough results in each of our 500 team members and 3,800 students across 10 schools, who are Learning to Change the World.
THE MUST HAVES
Do the following must haves resonate with how you are wired and demonstrable in your unique talents and experiences? If so, we invite you to apply and can’t wait to learn more about you!
You are a people whisperer with a strong lens on DEI: You proactively build meaningful and authentic relationships with your schools’ team members and central office colleagues, and have a gift for creating inclusive spaces in every interaction. You instinctively balance empathy and accountability, and are able to put team members at ease in their most vulnerable moments, especially when there are cultural differences and/or communication barriers. You value diverse perspectives, seek feedback to inform your work, and innately keep those from marginalized backgrounds top of mind, which contributes to an inclusive environment.
You KNOW and LOVE HR: You think, breathe, and eat HR. Your expertise shows up in your ability to quickly and effectively respond to the scope of responsibilities outlined in the Essential Functions section of this job posting. You are driven and agile, instinctively adapting your approach to fit the unique context of each of the schools in your portfolio.
Your customer service is legendary: You know and believe that HR is all about customer service and you keep the customer service experience of team members top of mind. Your time management is impeccable, and you take pride in your ability to ensure 100% follow through on every task and consistently meeting deadlines. Knowing that HR isn’t Monday-Friday, 9-5, you routinely make yourself available to team members through numerous communication methods, and are proactive in alerting others to any limitations to your availability.
With the must haves driving your daily approach to the work, the successful Manager of Human Resources will perform the essential functions of the role for their portfolio of campuses within STRIVE Prep’s 10 schools and Central Office.
Within Portfolio of Campuses & Central Office:
Benefits, Wellness, & Leave of Absences
- Administers network employee serving benefits and wellness programs.
- Manages benefits management and orientation.
- Coordinates and manages leave of absences in accordance with applicable policies and laws.
Technology, Human Capital Management & Data Integrity
- Ensures accuracy of all employee data in HCM.
- Executes reporting and compliance requests on an ongoing basis.
- Trains employees and managers to efficiently and effectively use HCM.
- Manages employee, position, and competition changes in HCM.
- Manages HR ticketing system.
Onboarding & Offboarding
- Manages a best-in-class onboarding and orientation experience that reflects a strong culture of inclusion.
- Administers systems and processes to ensure proper monitoring, improvement, and cross-functional coordination of onboarding and offboarding activities.
- Manages a best-in-class offboarding experience for departing team members.
- Ensures policies, procedures, and practices are implemented through a DEI lens.
- Communicates, advises, and trains on policies, procedures, and relevant labor and employment laws to ensure proper administration and compliance.
- Conducts employee relations investigations.
- Provides coaching to employees to address their concerns or enhance their contributions to the business.
Law, Policy, & Compliance
- Ensures HR policies, procedures and programs are consistently administered. Maintains knowledge of industry trends and relevant, federal, state and local employment legislation and their applicability to STRIVE Prep.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to the Director of Human Resources for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters.
- Coordinates and manages applicable portfolio information and data for any required compliance testing and reporting.
Talent Team and Network-wide Support:
- Collaborates with Talent Team to develop, execute, and achieve strategic team goals, and ensure DEI best practices are at the foundation of STRIVE Prep’s culture, mindsets, systems and processes.
- Supports and collaborates on strategic retention and employee experience initiatives.
- Partners with Talent Team to ensure consistency in HR processes and messaging across campuses.
- Attends and actively participates in all Talent Team meetings, Central Office meetings, retreats, professional development opportunities and coaching sessions with the Director of Human Resources.
Relationship Building & Partnerships
- Develops and fosters strong working relationships with employees across departments.
- Participates in applicable committees, groups, etc. as identified by team and network need.
- Assist with other duties/tasks as needed or assigned by the Director of Human Resources and other senior leadership team members.
- As a member of the Central Team, you will be an active participant in network and school level activities and/or events including but not limited to: summer training testing, normed grading, VOICES, and other interactions with staff and scholars.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (OR PREFERENCES WHERE NOTED)
- Bachelor’s degree (required); Focus in Human Resource Management, labor relations, organizational development preferred
- Independent travel (60%-80%) in the Denver metro area (required)
- 3+ years HR Generalist experience ( in an organization with 350+ staff is strongly preferred)
- Charter school or school district HR experience preferred
- SHRM-CP or HRCI-PHR certification is strongly preferred
- Competitive Compensation and benefits including paying 100% of individual benefits.
- On average, our network provides a 4% annual salary increase which is one of the highest in the Denver education market.
- STRIVE Prep 5 Year Club: After 5 years of continual employment, all employees are eligible for your choice of a 3 week paid Sabbatical or a payout.
- Industry high 6+ weeks of annual vacation/PTO. Hard work is rewarded with ample time to refresh.
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including a PERA 401k option.
- Opportunity to work with passionate, mission-driven colleagues who are invested in your personal and professional growth.
- Equipment provided: laptop
- Weekly coaching sessions
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.