School Network Staff Manager of Talent Acquisition
Position: Manager of Talent Acquisition
Reports to: Senior Director of Talent
Location: Central Office
Do you want to unleash your out-of-the-box ideas for hiring diverse top talent who will change the game for K-12 students in traditionally underserved communities in Denver?
Do the following must-haves resonate with how you are wired and demonstrable in your unique talents and experiences?
- You find fun in doing the impossible: This context? The external environment? The internal conditions of our organization? No matter how challenging, you are not phased, because the harder the challenge, the more excited you become, and the more your out-of-the-box ideas flow. You make these ideas a reality daily through a disciplined approach to execution that focuses and holds you and your team accountable to a narrow set of the most important goals and initiatives. You generate contagious and high energy amongst your team and throughout the network, because you let everyone know routinely whether or not we’re winning and collaborate to course correct when we’re not.
- You are always recruiting: You have an eye for spotting great diverse talent everywhere, which instantly sets off the matchmaking game in your head connecting them to open and future roles within STRIVE. Your network is vast and diverse, and you proactively find meaningful and authentic ways to keep them engaged that result in a robust candidate pipeline and list of connections. You make yourself known in the community and routinely enlist resources in the education ecosystem to ensure the best talent supports our students every day.
- You are tech-savvy and a systems builder: You have experience building the efficient systems needed to support an ambitious vision. You leverage data/technology/social media, outline processes, document policies, effectively communicate, thoughtfully train, and strategically incorporate learning into revised processes. This cycle of improvement energizes you.
We seek dedicated educators that live STRIVE Prep’s core values every day:
Core Beliefs – Achievement
- Commitment 1: I commit to celebrating academic and personal success for all.
- Commitment 2: I commit to holding myself and others accountable to high expectations.
- Commitment 3: I commit to bringing passion and joy to my work.
Core Beliefs – Justice
- Commitment 1: I commit to intentionally disrupt inequity, bias, and systems of oppression.
- Commitment 2: I commit to creating an environment of safe body, mind, and heart.
- Commitment 3: I commit to building a community where each person can bring their full, authentic self.
Core Beliefs – Perseverance
- Commitment 1: I commit to the belief that we grow and get smarter through effort and by making mistakes.
- Commitment 2: I commit to showing up Con Ganas, where we never give up even when the work is hard.
- Commitment 3: I commit to showing up with integrity and doing the right thing even when the road is tough.
- Proactively build relationships with school leaders; execute a hiring strategy customized to their school and context.
- Manage the hiring process through a DEI lens with strong customer orientation that is responsive and delivers a world-class experience for candidates and hiring managers.
- Support and manage a well-coordinated and effective strategic plan and approach to recruiting teachers and network Leaders.
- Drive our aggressive annual hiring campaigns, which will result in new teachers, leaders, and professional support staff to serve our scholars.
- Demonstrate and articulate a thorough understanding of STRIVE Prep’s mission and model, and communicate enthusiastically to prospective applicants and candidates about the expectations, benefits, and merits of working at STRIVE Prep.
- Manage candidate relationships throughout the application process and conduct phone interviews.
- Support the appropriate campus-based team member with scheduling and conducting on-campus interviews.
- Collaborate with a team of fast-paced, goals-driven recruiters, talent managers, and school leaders to ensure a seamless and swift experience for all candidates, as well as the alignment and presentation of the best candidates for every position within the organization.
- Faithfully utilize STRIVE’s systems and processes as laid out in training in order to drive accurate data and an outstanding candidate experience.
- Assist with other duties/tasks as needed or assigned by senior leadership team members.
- As a member of the Central Team, you will regularly support schools throughout the year on campus (including potentially working directly with students) and be a required active participant in-network and school-level activities/events.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS (OR PREFERENCES WHERE NOTED)
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- 2+ years classroom teaching experience in K-12 (required)
- Independent travel in the Denver metro area and nationally (required)
- Bilingual in Spanish (preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years talent acquisition/recruiting/hiring experience (at least 100 positions annually strongly preferred)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive compensation package and annual performance-based raises
- Participation in the Colorado PERA retirement program, including an employer match and PERA 401(k) option
- Funding of 100% of individual medical benefits and a range of insurance plans
- Approximately three weeks of summer vacation, approximately four weeks of school holidays and vacations, and eight days of paid time off annually
DIVERSITY, EQUITY & INCLUSION
STRIVE works to make a college-prep education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. We are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias and seek to provide each candidate with a unique and equitable opportunity for employment. STRIVE is an equal opportunity employer and actively encourages applications from people of all backgrounds.
Our culture of inclusion is rooted in the belief that when we create the conditions that align…
- Your unique gifts (Bring your full self, skills/knowledge, & unique lens on the work)
- Your purpose/desire for impact(What challenges do you most want to tackle?)
- The organization’s needs(STRIVE’s strategic goals and value we seek from this role)
…then you will have the opportunity every day to unleash your genius–individually and collectively with your colleagues–to ensure our students are Learning to Change the World. We create these conditions with intentional, strengths-based coaching through an equity and inclusion lens, and a culture that leverages the rich diversity of our team to inform the work and achieve breakthrough results for our students.