Teacher Math Teacher
A successful Digital Pioneers Academy 6th Grade MathTeacher will ensure that all DPA students feel known, loved and respected. Teachers who are aligned with DPA’s values believe that all students can achieve at high levels. Teachers will hold primary responsibility for implementation of Digital Pioneers Academy’s curriculum, creating corresponding STEM experiences and ensuring the success of its students.
Teachers will provide rigorous educational experiences to propel student intellectual growth and mastery of learning standards. Teachers’ investment in building culture and character will prepare students to lead productive lives meeting the demands of the post-secondary arena and job market.
We attract leaders in teaching with a successful track record of developing authentic relationships with students, families and professional peers. With a collective mission to develop the next generation of innovators, our teachers will develop ours students to not only consume, but create the digital economy.
- Developing strong relationships with parents and students, creating investment in school culture and academics
- Communicating effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- Building a classroom culture in which students love learning
- Serving as an advisor to a small group of students
- Motivating students to think critically and take ownership over their own learning
- Providing consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior
- Implementing curricula and activities to meet academic standards
- Designing and implementing assessments that measure progress towards academic standards
- Using assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- Driving academic outcomes by analyzing student work and studying data, and implementing high leverage instructional moves to ensure dramatic gains for all students
- Being accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards
- Training with colleagues and school leaders and receive targeted, in-the-moment feedback on instruction, as well as unparalleled support and professional development and summer orientation
- Participating in collaborative curriculum development, grade-level activities, and schoolwide functions
- Building a classroom culture in which students love math and take pleasure in discovering diverse strategies to solve math problems
- Teaching students through an inquiry-based curriculum that focuses on the dual tenets of logic and reasoning
- Orchestrating innovative problem solving through multiple representations, meaningful mathematical discourse, and productive struggle
- Cultivating a classroom environment in which students express a love for Mathematics, Science, Computer Science, and technology
Our middle school teachers are results oriented and strive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom;
- Proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subjects; (especially core subjects of English Language Arts (ELA), Math, Science and Social Studies)
- Evidence of self-motivation, diligence and willingness to be a team player
- Strong interpersonal skills and high moral character
- Passionate about literature or math and learning
- Bachelor’s degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement and leadership is required; Master’s degree is preferred
- Belief in and alignment with Digital Pioneers Academy’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable
DPA follows a semi self-contained model, students are divided into cohorts and each cohort has two primary partner teachers: a Math teacher who teaches math, science, and computer science and an ELA teacher who teaches ELA, social studies, and leads intervention. Two teachers are responsible for educating a homeroom of up to 30 students. Compared to the conventional approach, this means that teachers are teaching 1 additional content area than what is typical, but their student load is ¼ to 1/5 the conventional load.
Through this structure, partner teachers are able to co-plan personalized, context-specific interventions and targeted, holistic supports that carry through for their students across all core content areas.
Compensation and Benefits
Digital Pioneers Academy offers a highly competitive salary based on experience and an excellent and comprehensive benefits package.
How to ApplyInterested applicants should submit an application on the following website: https://www.digitalpioneersacademy.org/careers/
214 total views, 1 today