Teacher Meeker Elementary Classroom Teacher
Meeker Elementary School is seeking highly qualified classroom teachers, with the ability to teach any grade level K-5th. The District prefers a person with strong knowledge and understanding of standards-based education, with a willingness to work, or successful experience in a collaborative culture dedicated to using data to drive instruction, differentiation, and student learning.
Meeker School District has an approximate enrollment of 720 students in grades Pre-K through Twelve. The Elementary School has approximately 340 students prek-5th. We are seeking an individual who has the understanding of the intellectual, social, and emotional needs of the elementary school student. Professional involvement beyond the local level and successful teaching experience are desirable. The Meeker Re-1 School District is seeking an enthusiastic person who wants to join a staff committed to “Excellence in all we do”.
Date Available: Position begins August 1, 2023
- Models ethical standards, continual growth, collaborative work, and care and concern for students, materials, and facilities.
- The Classroom teacher demonstrates effective classroom management strategies.
- The classroom teacher will use state and district standards to drive the design of standards-based assessment, planning and instruction.
- The classroom teacher demonstrates effective and appropriate communication skills.
- The teacher must be appropriately certified and/or licensed as a teacher in the State of Colorado as provided by law.
- Licensed staff must be qualified for the area or grade level in which they perform, meeting Colorado Department of Education accreditation standards.
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of curriculum, assessment, models of instruction.
- Other job duties as assigned. To view the full Job Description, click HERE.
- The District is willing to consider candidates for an Alternative Licensure Program.
The alternative teacher pathway allows districts to hire candidates with specific content knowledge and who hold an undergraduate or higher degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education to teach while completing the necessary teacher training based on the Colorado Teacher Quality Standards. Alternative teacher preparation programs vary in length from 1 year to 2 years (though special education generalist candidates may take a third year, if necessary). While serving as a teacher, alternative candidates put what they learn into practice immediately. Anyone who meets this criteria and is interested in teaching should contact the school district.
Compensation and Benefits
- Salary negotiable based upon qualifications and experience
- Current salary schedule can be found here: MSD 22/23 Salary Schedule
- Fully paid health, dental and life insurance for employee and $119 towards dependent health coverage.
- Colorado Public Employee Retirement Association (PERA) member account with employer contribution of 21.4%.
- 11 personal/sick days
- Probationary Contract for 3 years
- Coaching opportunities at the Middle and High School.
- Reimbursement of moving expenses; up to $1,000 for in-state moves, and up to $2,000 for out-of-state moves.
Timeline: Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open until April 20, 2023 at 4:00 p.m.