Principal or Vice Principal Middle School Director
• Joyful – keeps it fun and light, brings humor
• Demonstrated expert in field of education
• Relatable (to middle school aged students as well as faculty and parents)
• Approachable, but sets clear professional boundaries
• Adaptable and flexible
• Excellent listener (seeks to understand before being understood)
• Act with consistency and commitment to systems and processes in place, specifically as they relate to classroom observation and coaching cycles, student assessment calendar, parent phone calls, and admissions process.
• Manage multiple priorities and respond to challenges that may arise but not at the expense of goals and initiatives planned.
• Operate efficiently in a fast paced and innovative environment (does not “pontificate the navel”)
• Sets clear expectations of faculty, students, and parents; holds people accountable in a clear and caring way
• Seeks opportunities for professional growth, is an avid reader
• Makes difficult decisions and plans effectively for repercussions when some may not be popular ones. Can easily recognize decisions best for the organization over pleasing members of the community, but provides support and consult to those who may struggle with decisions made.
• Takes genuine interest in the lives of members of our community, but understands the boundaries of “friendly not friends.”
• Experience in an educational leadership role, great also if they have experience teaching to gain credibility with teachers and more effectively provide instructional coaching in the classroom.
• A varied background that can bring innovative ideas to the community, expanding the opportunities we might be able to provide.
• Enthusiasm and passion for work in education and leadership.
• Skills in team management and collaborative problem solving.
• Ability to look at current state of programs and respectfully shift any areas in need from good to great. Able to honor past systems while focusing on improvement.
• Technical skills that allow quick adoption of systems the school uses; can quickly become an expert in Canvas, Illuminate, Senior Systems, etc.
How to Applyhttps://www.aspenacademy.org/about/employment
460 total views, 8 today